Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMAG0318.jpg

I have no Idea What that is, but its not good, the pic talks for itself so does anyone have a cue on how to fix that?
Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Looks like some moisture has gotten in there. Were you riding in the rain? How long has it been like that? If it did get wet, did you try to dry it out with a hair dryer or some other way. Heat gun would be too hot IMO and probably end up melting something. If it is moisture, even if it eventually dries off you probably still need to figure out how the moisture is working its way in since I would presume these parts should be sealed air-tight.

·
Fastest snail on Earth
459 Posts
Hey,im having the same problems too....my digital speedo is totally blank mebbe due to the extreme heat condition here at the Equator. Is there any remedy for this???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its true that lcd can be affected by heat but that i think usualy shows up as if the whole pannel is activated. This defo looks like water damage.

I had this on my clock on my present 99 model, half of it didnt show. I managed to get a new one from a broken bike. When I installed it I sealed everything myself first with fishtank silicone sealer. I have read that the xx is prone to a bit of dashboard circuitry corrosion where condensation builds more than water seeping thru.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Fastest snail on Earth
459 Posts
Nope,looks like its the heat,the heat radiation here is a killer.
30 mins in the midday sun can easily fry an egg on ur fuel tank...:(
Anyway managed to get someone who can do lcd replacement on my bird. Waiting for my moolah to roll in before sending it over..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts