Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bird is a 2005 model FI. Had the knock sensor FI light code 25 flash a short while ago. Replacing the knock sensor didn't solve the problem. After checking all other wiring, have now got my hands on a used ECM and its key.

Just want to do aquick pre - check: do I just plug in this ECM and crank it or is there anything I need to check / short / reset before either plugging the ECM in or starting the bike up? Guess I'm being overly cautious and want to ensure nothing happens to this ECM after I plug it into the bike. Would appreciate any sort of heads - up.

Ravi
p.s. For the moment, will be using a locally made duplicate key with the ECM-specific key placed next to the ignition. Had tried this with my original key / ECM and it had worked so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue. Will separately reach out for help on how to permanently code my original keys to the new ECM or whether i should then just get a new blank key and code it. That will be Phase II.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CB

Thanks for this... had posted on that thread already. And will definitely be reaching out to Pete for the Phase-II part - getting the key sorted. Right now, just want to ensure that i don't need to take any other precaution before swapping the ECU and hooking up the battery... am shite scared of another ECU going 'blink blink' , err... 25 times :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Should be fine, just make sure ignition is switched off and carefully remove the ecm plugs and plug in the new one ... make sure they 'click' into place.

As for the key, take your original and remove the transponder chip and replace with the one in the key you got with new ecm ... simples :)

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news is that the bike started with the coded key near the ignition after the replacement ECM plugged in.

Did a few short spins around the block and the FI light has not come on. Prima facie, appears that the ECM was the issue and is now resolved. Fingers crossed. A slightly longer run on Saturday and will know for sure.

Thanks for all your help / advice / inputs.

Ravi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts