Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the bike out Saturday for the first time in a long while. One of my 640 mile round trips to Norfolk and back. Bike seems to run fine, loads of power and fuel economy as expected. But I have a lot of popping and backfiring on the overrun and quite an uneven idle. Over winter I checked the valves (none adjusted), oil and filter change and replaced coolant. Nothing there that would cause this in my mind. The only thing I have done is take the db killers out of the cans. Have been meaning to balance the carbs, but not gotten around to it yet. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will pop them back in and see if any different. Have had them out before without these symptoms. It was quite embarrassing, pooping and banging away as I approached every roundabout.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Removed the db killers on the Akras on my Bird and Aprilia, never had a pop or backfire. Seems like an air leak on the intake side. What cans have you got? Cant remember them. If you need a carb balancer kit txt me. Ill send one down.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Motad venoms, nothing extreme. Have a set of carb-tunes thanks:thumb: Will go through it at the weekend and have a look.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as you guys thought, an air leak. The engine breather hose under the front of the air box was off. There was also a hand full of chewed up inner fairing foam and birdseed under the air filter courtesy of the little mice I have been catching and evicting from the workshop over winter. No mice are harmed, just live trapped and released in a barn several miles away :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts