Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plastic guard fits somewhere around / by the rad ----Where and how pictures please nothing in Haynes
asap!!

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
it goes against the spark plug wires essentially, the rubber flap goes on the clutch side for the oil cooler line. the top notches go around the radiator mounts, and i "snapped the bottom behind the screws on the head for securment

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just something to note. If not installed correctly, it will block the fan from rotating which leads to overheating.
Took me quite a bit to figure out what I had done wrong. -BIG DAN:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will double check tomorrow to make sure fan is ok for clearance.

Next step tomorrow is blast and powder coat centre stand.

Cheers Guys

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of this? I can't see how it goes against the spark plug wires. I tried to snap it behind the screws on the head as described but it's bending too much. SumTingWong. HELP!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Got it! Don't hate me for the fan marks on the heat guard left by the other guy. I did a complete tear down and am on my way back up. Here are some pictures for future questions on this subject.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
it goes against the spark plug wires essentially, the rubber flap goes on the clutch side for the oil cooler line. the top notches go around the radiator mounts, and i "snapped the bottom behind the screws on the head for securment
The rubber flap goes on the left side if your sitting on the bike. I was thinking the clutch side of the motor. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts