1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure can.

New rad and thermostat
new battery spark plugs and k and n filter
front forks and rear shock completely rebuild.
New brake rotors and pads front and back.
Powder coated the stator, clutch and sprocket covers.
Powder coated the wheels and the brake caliper mounts.
Hid head light conversion.
Rizoma grips and and new adjustable levers.
Zero gravity windscreen
new wheel and carrier bearings.
New did chain.
Cleaned the throttle body and installed new gaskets on throttle body.
New decals
new Honda key.
Cleaned and serviced the calipers and pistons.
New brake fluid coolant and oil.
New battery.
fresh paint 2 seasons ago.
Cleaned the slave cylinder.
New stator regulator and rectifier
Shes all all ready to go!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I’m super happy. It took me a lot of thinking and I wasn’t sure if it was better to spend 3 grand rebuilding the bird or if it was better to spend 3 grand investment in a new bike. it was a tough choice but at the end of the day the engine runs like new. The gear box is perfectly crisp and it only has 96 k on it. I didn’t think it was ready for the scrap yard. Not by a long shot. So I decided to invest in rebuilding. I may still invest a little more yet on some proper panniers.

At at the end of the day I couldn’t be happier when I turn the key and she comes to life with that deep down growl only a bird makes. It sounds like nothing else I’ve ridden. I don’t think there is a modern day bike that has beat the bird at what it does best. There just isn’t.

These bikes are hardly seen in Canada. I’ve never come across another one in a year of owning. Previously have never seen one in the flesh until I found mine. So it’s nice to have something special. Something that no one else has. A lot of people at bikenights ask me what it is. Kind of cool.

To to paraphrase one reviewer who has ridden the bike. “ there have been moments in engineering like it before. RJ Mitchels spitfire and the Ford GT 40. Things that are more then just the sum of their parts. Creations that do more then anyone could ever have asked them to do. “

thanks for for the compliments guys. Enjoy and ride safe !

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very nice, you’ve given me some food for thought. Just recently had to lay the bike down. Ended up in the hospital but home now and the tow company just dropped it off. We got it up and 1st key turn it fired right up so I shut it down. It also has 94000 miles but it’s not ready to be parted out yet. Once I strip the plastics I’ll better be able to see what kind of platform I have to work with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts