Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you get a part #? I don't see it listed on the website. Thanks

Agreed Cobra
I found out when a Netherlands rider said he had already bought a V for his bird and was running it. Hence my call to Dynojet to ask if it was available. And the resulting answer that it was being released

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
DH
I'd give them a call it was there couple months back but I don't see it now. I'll give them a call as well and see what they tell me.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
dhrc the part number for the PCV for 01 to 06 BB's is 16-082

Reactions: dhrc51

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No problem
I just checked the site and it won't come up with a search so my suggestion would be to call them and order it with the sales rep there.

Reactions: dhrc51

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also there wasn't any date for the fist gen FI's. Still so probably as stated the last time I asked. Next year hoping earlier the better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just to update this topic>> I just checked the DynoJet website and it looks like the Power Commander V is now commonly available for the XX. Odd things is the item description says “2001-2006 models” BUT I did a search for 1999 and 2000 and the PCV comes up as available for both ‘99 and ’00 models as well so maybe they’ll work fine with pre 2001’s?
Anybody interested in a perfect condition used PCIII USB? I also have an original PCIII (non USB) that works fine as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Reston for the update. I'll give them a call today and verify the fit. Looks like the same PN for all models. But unless when you order it they change the harness (which I'm sure they do) it won't fit. The modular plug they use on the later models isn't present on the early FI's.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reston sad knews. Keep your current PC3. They are not making a PCV version for the early 99/00. We're not out to lunch though. It's just gonna take a couple more steps. There's a couple threads here showing the adaption. I'm also gonna look into adaption as well. The big difference is the 01 and later went to a modular plug that breaks out for the injectors, TPS, Air temp, MAF, and right side coils. There is also a Honda version that runs the same plug setup for the injectors.
I'll let you all know what I find out later this week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bummer... Thx for checking into it. They say if they "may" eventually make a PCV for 99/00's with the appropriate connector?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would be keen on seeing a guide on making a pc fit the 00 bird. I would also pay for a pre made loom adaptor if someone starts making them.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bummer... Thx for checking into it. They say if they "may" eventually make a PCV for 99/00's with the appropriate connector?
Reston no they have shelved making one for the 99/00's

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I would be keen on seeing a guide on making a pc fit the 00 bird. I would also pay for a pre made loom adaptor if someone starts making them.
I'm looking into that possibility myself I'll keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update
Cost was the factor for them not building the 99/00 version. Apparently the connector supplier was requesting a minimum buy of the connectors needed. Hence the reason for not moving forward. So I did some searching and have found a couple of suppliers for the connectors. I am waiting for a response from one of the suppliers on a kit availability for the connector.
As it stands for now one for the 14 pin plug is about 7.00. Price for the mating plug is more because the parts need to be bought separately. That one comes out to about 24.00. what this will allow us to do is cut and crimp out out harness to be a modular setup like the newer BB's are now. At that point all you will need is to but the PCV for the newer BB's which power commander is making and plug it into the harness we have just modified to the new configuration. I'll keep you posted on the other suppliers coat if they can get us the opposite connector in a kit form (connector housing, terminals and seals) I am assuming Mr. Honda didn't change out wiring from the 2 harnesses. Once I move forward on thyis I'll be verifying it with the 2 harnesses I have here. I have a spare later year (think it's a 02) engine complete with everything to run that I'll use to verufy the wiring 100%. But I'm very confident that they are 100% interchangeable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beestoys, Thx for the reasearch and follow up on this! Another potential solution to address the connector issue if the new connector suppliers don't pan out >> If you happen to speak with Dynojet again ask them if they can/will work out an exchange program from a '99/'00 PCIII or PCIII USB to a PC V? That way they'll have the needed connectors from the donor PC III to wire a new PC V for the '99/'00.

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good news folks the company came back and said (see her response below). So the plan now is to get a couple of the kits ordered up. When they show I'll get pics up for everyone. Now mind you this is going to take a bit of work to install. your going to have to install both the male and female connectors in your harness. But beings it will be a 1 for 1 wire crimp it will make it a lot easier. I'll get the connectors in and then a PCV and see about doing a step by step for anyone that wants to do the install. If we get enough intrest we may be able to do a group buy on the connectors as well.

"This is not a part that we carry yet, but I may be able to get it in for you. The lead time will be at least a few weeks"

21 - 40 of 149 Posts