Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the site recently changed some things. I wanted to say it took me a very long time to get a new password, after probably 30 attempts, I was able to do it. The problem involved the anti spam words you must reproduce. Now I can't upload pictures. When I click on the portrait icon I lose all text and have to go back to home page. I never had a problem with the old site. What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The damn "check you aren't a robot" things are a nightmare on every site it seems...

Sorry if this counts as off-topic, but I got an email to let me know that someone had tried to log into my account 5 or more times unsuccessfully (wrong password) a couple of days ago - anyone else had this? Who wants to hack my CBRXX account anyway?! Can't see why they would benefit... :huh:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Sorry, also off topic a bit. When i reply to a PM directly ie "reply with quote" the spacebar doesn't work, just get a line of letters. However if i compose a new message to that person it works fine. :huh:
Also works fine in replies to site threads. Happening the last three days.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
This one goes over my head, tech-wise. I'm not having any of these problems, though, FWIW. If you guys could (first) try clearing cache and cookies here (the universal fix-all attempt) and try again....

If the problems persist, please post what OS and which browser you're using. The Tech geeks can make good use of that info in researching the issue further.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Still experiencing problems replying directly to PMs ie space bar doesn't work resulting in a long continuous string of letters. A new private message is fine. Only happens on this site. Cookies cleared etc. Strange.

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Still experiencing problems replying directly to PMs ie space bar doesn't work resulting in a long continuous string of letters. A new private message is fine. Only happens on this site. Cookies cleared etc. Strange.
Got it. Sorry you're having these problems, Ade and 'Blade. We've passed this directly to the owners. Their admins are looking into it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Im also seeing spacebar ignored if I use "Reply with Quote", but not an issue if I use "reply" or "go advanced" (spacebar works fine). Weird! Just in the last couple of days.

·
Administrator
12,988 Posts
One thing to check with any problems are your Miscellaneous Options

Go to Settings and scroll down and in the left hand margin look for My settings.
Below My Account you will see General Settings.
Scroll the main page to the bottom where you will find Miscellaneous Options.

The top option is Message Editor Interface:
There are 3 options
Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

I use the top one all the time but when I was having issues some years ago (spacebar wouldn't give a space and I couldn't add paragraphs amongst other issues) I swapped to Standard Editor and everything worked as it should, save for a few features that I lost.

Can I ask that anybody having issues tries changing what ever setting they are running now to another and see if that makes any difference. It worked for me and when I changed back to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing a week or so later everything was back to normal! This might have been down to the change made or possibly me being able to clear out a bit of cached debris, I never found out but I hve not had an issue since.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I changed to standard and it did let me go to my photos this time (dident before) but when I choose a picture from my device it reverts back to to the top of page. Anyway sorry to cause a fuss lol . Before when I chose the photo icon the screen would turn transparent grey. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2004 CBR1100XX BLACKBIRD
1 Posts
Im having issues with this myself? I get the link to reset password and it takes me to tapatalk which doesnt have this facility but gives me a link back to the desktop version but the home page- Not the password recovery page? I had to log in via fb to enter this post....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts