Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one knows the 4 grab rail bolt torque settings, I dont seem to able to find them in the old haynes manualfor some reason.

any help would be great

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
You might want to look at the general bolt torque table. You'll need the mm diameter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, i was thinking i mite as well look a table up. thanks for jogging my brain with the idea(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cannot locate any torque values for the Rear Grip in my Honda Blackbird Service Manual. They could be referred to as "Seat rail mounting bolts" and those are spec'd at 44 (4.5, 33) N-m (kgf-m, lbf-ft.).

I have never torqued these bolts to spec and have never had one of the bolts work loose. You don't need to "farmer tight" them. Just good and snug. IMHO.

One trick that works for me when installing these bolts is I install each one without tightening any of them. If your rear subframe is tweaked a little bit like mine is, this will allow a little play and make it easier (possible) to line up the holes for the bolts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks every one for the ideas, ive been doing them to 23nm the 8mm and 12nm the 6mm, i have the sw tech system and the back box is mounted to the grab rail, thats the main reason i needed to torque the bolts down, i didnt torque them down last month, and when i stopped to fill up 20miles away i grabbed the back box, and they were all loose lol, so just used my allen keys, and when i got back the torque wrench came out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks every one for the ideas, ive been doing them to 23nm the 8mm and 12nm the 6mm, i have the sw tech system and the back box is mounted to the grab rail, thats the main reason i needed to torque the bolts down, i didnt torque them down last month, and when i stopped to fill up 20miles away i grabbed the back box, and they were all loose lol, so just used my allen keys, and when i got back the torque wrench came out.
Some blue Loctite may help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts