Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I would like to say hi to y'all....

Now I got my bird out of hibernation today to get a new mot and take her out for her first run of the year, the problem I have is this, it starts with no problem at all but it idles at around 4500 rpm and it 'seems' that the auto choke won't switch off, I've let her run to a temp of 100c and blip the throttle but to no avail....pls help as I am at a total loss......

Thanx in advance,

Taz

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Try giving the wax unit a couple of small knocks with a hammer man. Just tap it. It may just relaese the mech inside. If not, you would need to pull it out and give it a good clean.
Good luck mate!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fella I'll give it a go.....I take it it's a tank off job?..........time to buy a hayne's manual me thinks

(",)

Taz

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Download it off this site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH! Didn't realise that I could..........I'll have a hunt for one on here then........

Thanx CB

(",)

Taz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one elvetost.........I've found what I'm looking for.............looks within my capabilities...............big thumbs up for this forum
:freebird:

:thumb:

:nworthy2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WTF..........Went to have a fiddle with the bike today and it's managed to repair itself!!! Have the pixie people and the faerie folk been up to mischief?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive been well over due for some good luck........let's hope that I'm on a roll lol

:rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts