Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we are in February one step closer to spring. I would be looking forward to the up coming riding season if I did not just get laid off. I just cannot understand why Home Depot would get rid of all the trainers?? I thought I was doing a good job, I never heard any complaints but I guess my compadres around the company were not holding up their end of the deal. So out we go. One word of advice to anyone ordering anything from the Millwork department in a Connecticut Home Depot double & triple check your order before paying for it. I cannot vouch for the training these new associates will be getting from now on. That is all

·
... Get A Good Lawyer !
3,082 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're a victim of this global economic mess :O
Best wishes for the job hunting :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
That does suck, big-time. Hope you get back on your feet quick. Thanxx for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ouch! Tough times. Wish you good job hunting. Try not to take it personal. Bean counters never look at faces, just numbers.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Hopefully behind every dark cloud is a silver lining. I'm sure you'll land on your feet, you've probly been there before. Good luck, at least you have your Bird, which is a BIG RAY OF SUNSHINE!

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! My brother-in-law is a department head at a Home Depot here on Long Island and he always talks about the lack of confidence in the future of his job there. What's crazy is that I have a Lowe's in my town and a month ago they opened up a new Lowe's in the NEXT town. :huh:

Anyway, keep your head up and best wishes in your new job search. :)

X

·
0 Posts
I've been out of work for 6 weeks now. In my job searching I have contacted over 50 companies for work or, even being a contractor.

No luck.

So what did I do last weekend? Loaded up my new luggage and went for a 530 mile ride in the mtns. It's 72 degrees here today and will be a bit warmer tomorrow. I am just about tapped out and really need something soon. Not just for a pay check, but to have something to do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well here is the news that's fit to be typed. I got a new job back in the Home Depot nearest to my home. I had to take a bit of a hit in the pay department but it's better than unemployment. So I can afford to ride another day.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Well here is the news that's fit to be typed. I got a new job back in the Home Depot nearest to my home. I had to take a bit of a hit in the pay department but it's better than unemployment. So I can afford to ride another day.
Did you have to post a retraction first?:smilebig: Congrats, man, it must help in the sleep department.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Congrats!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
That's great news! Congratulations. :)

Congrats on getting the job back (albeit with a pay cut). Must be a relief.

I'm a bit more fortunate. I was just changed from a casual employee to a full time permanent employee within the public health system. I am a real public servant now, with not too much worry about my job disappearing on me.
Congratulations to you, too. :)

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Yes, being on the public "dole" is a good thing. Pension, benefits, regular pay makes up for the "hoops" we jump through. Gotta luv that "blue" envelope that appears in my letter box twice a month. lol BUT THERE ARE NO EASY GIGS!!!!

I'm pleased you are re-employed, and back in the saddle again. Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts