·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Thanks Shewie, Top stuff.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to say, I was surprised by some of what he had to say about filters I thought were pretty decent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i'm using the bosch 3300 on both bikes bought at rock auto a dozen at a time for like $3 each actuall y i buy alot from rock auto chevy pickup filters are 1.50 no enviro fees.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
excellent post, I had been using the Walmart 6607 in past on previous GSRX never had an issue, gonna see if I can find the Bosch 3300 in Vancouver area, can anyone recommend a location ?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Now we just need to work out how those correlate to what is available Down Under... >$20ea for Honda filters. :(

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Now we just need to work out how those correlate to what is available Down Under... >$20ea for Honda filters. :(
But if you pay $28-00 you get a spanner that fits with it,:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
68 Posts
excellent post, I had been using the Walmart 6607 in past on previous GSRX never had an issue, gonna see if I can find the Bosch 3300 in Vancouver area, can anyone recommend a location ?

I buy a dozen at a time through rockauto.com shipped fedex they are their own brokerage also buy truck and boat filters their for less than 1/4 the cost in canada and no enviro fees!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I buy a dozen at a time through rockauto.com shipped fedex they are their own brokerage also buy truck and boat filters their for less than 1/4 the cost in canada and no enviro fees!
thanks I will check out rockauto.com and order the 3323's if I can otherwise I will check WalMart

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always buy the (made in USA) SuperTech filters for all my vehicals from Walmart whenever I cross the border into the US. For some silly a$$ reason the WalMart stores here don't carry SuperTech filters but you can buy SuperTech Oil and Washer Fluid etc. I've even asked a couple of managers about that and they don't know why. Go figure. At least the price is dropping for me since the CND dollar is worth more and more all the time against the US dollar.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Okay as a newbie, that wants to change his own oil, espeically after i finally figured out how to get the bike on the center stand.

I will try the bosch or the purolator. I have used supertech on my car, but i am not sure about my motorycycle.

Any tips on changing the oil?

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Okay as a newbie, that wants to change his own oil, espeically after i finally figured out how to get the bike on the center stand.

I will try the bosch or the purolator. I have used supertech on my car, but i am not sure about my motorycycle.

Any tips on changing the oil?
Do the oil change with the motor hot, That allows all the crap to float around and will drain out better with the the hot oil.

Dont burn your fingers in the hot oil as you take out the sump plug.

Cheers.
Brian,:thumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts