Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an oil drain pan that can be sealed (screw fittings) for containment, yet fit under the BB without removing fairings?

I typically put my center stand on a block of wood to get it high enough to fit my pan under, but it's been a pain, the pan cap started leaking, so it's time for a new one. The trouble is, I'm having a hard time locating a pan online that will even list a realistic height, and if it does, find one that will fit under.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,899 Posts
I to have fought this battle. I went to Walmart and got the appropriate rubbermaid dish pan that would fit and then drain into it. Then remove filter and let drain. Put new filter on and put drain plug back in then pour in new oil. Pour old oil back into empty quart containers or an empty milk jug.
That was my solution.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my plan if others don't have a better suggestion, I did like that there was a place to set the oil filter to drain (on the pan I used to have).

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,899 Posts
After I pour out the pan I tilt it up and put the filter in it so it drains.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
I cut a large hole in the side of an old oil container and put this under the drain with the hole facing up. When it's done, take the lid off then pour this into another old container.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is an 'ecotanica 2000' I can't remember where I got it from, but it wouldn't help you outside the UK anyway.

But seems to be a foreign brand so maybe a bit of googling may bring up some results

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
My pan looks like the attachement and fits under the bike/fairing with enough clearance to still get at the drain plug. I like that it has a pour spout...the used oil goes into gallon jugs for the recycler drop off. The wire handle makes for easy placement for use on cars and trucks..although it's rare that I change my own car/truck oil. I can measure the unit at home for height if you like. Had it so long I don't know where I got it from. I use the centerstand without a booster block and the pan fits fine.

T.

417g9OFNfpL.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts