Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new on here just bought a 97 bird and noticed it had had an aluminium replacement radiator, problem was it had been a bit to big and was pushing on the fairings, I made a new bracket to move the rad back slightly for clearance but then realised theres no oil cooler, did some early bikes come without an oil coolers or could it have been removed.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
If it's a carby its carried up higher between the headlight an gauge cluster if I recall correctly. So it may still be there just not where your looking

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a carby its carried up higher between the headlight an gauge cluster if I recall correctly. So it may still be there just not where your looking
Hi guys new on here just bought a 97 bird and noticed it had had an aluminium replacement radiator, problem was it had been a bit to big and was pushing on the fairings, I made a new bracket to move the rad back slightly for clearance but then realised theres no oil cooler, did some early bikes come without an oil coolers or could it have been removed.
Thanks for that was looking at the Haynes manual and shows the oil cooler attached to the top of the radiator will take a closer look tomarrow

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Agreed. It's a hell of a lot easier to pull the tank and airbox then fight getting between that small area. Lot easier to see what your doing too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts