Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a small leak in one of my oil cooler lines in the chrome part. Has anybody done a temporary repair...if so how ? 98 carbed model... the lines are discontinued....no 2nd hand available and HEL don't have any available at the moment either so I'm a bit stuck !!! Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Temporary repair. The chrome part is about 10mm diameter. You need small hose clip and a piece of rubber hose, 10mm inside diameter about 15mm long.
Cut the hose from one end to the other, longways, so you can fit the hose over the chrome bit with hole.
Clean around the area of the leak with a bit of emery/sandpaper, fit the hose over the chrome bit with the slit in the hose at the opposite side to the leak.
Unscrew the hose clip, open it up enough to fit over the piece of hose, connect it back together and tighten it up.
This will tighten the piece of hose over the leak and should keep it sealed untill you get your replacement cooler lines.

Warm up the engine and check the leak is fully stopped before riding the bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate.... unfortunately Jaws are out of stock... they have some on order but are waiting on HEL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts