Honda CBR XX Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ok, I see your video. Looks and sounds similar to vid posted on page 1 of this thread that you appear to have commented on. I wouldn't run it at all until you have this figured out. Remove the cam chain tensioner (CCT) for a start. Very easy to do if you remove RHS panel, if you are up to it, and go from there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just played the video on page 1 (2012) of the thread........ that's a shocking noise, never heard anything as bad as that. It was not like the CC&T noise I had on my 2005 BB at 114,000kms when my oem cam chain and tensioner wore out due to normal wear and tear - I was anticipating it from 100,000kms and changed it pronto (I forgot to order a new tensioner blade, but the oem blade was fine so my mech used it again).

I suspect the video noise is a broken CCT or chain guide as mine was simply a worn out oem chain at 114,000kms or 71k miles...... (that's about as good as they last from what I've been told) and all I had was a noticeably louder rustling noise over normal, so I had the chain and CCT changed quick smart. BB's with a much harder life won't get over 100k kms to a CC.

That video noise was really bad but I read on this post that the early Birds were also prone to broken tensioner's so that would be my guess.

(y)

Reactions: fizzy
81 - 86 of 86 Posts