Honda CBR XX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hi guys
- Thanks for all the positive response to the video´s - "I am all in" fore making a good library with video tutorials! :)
My next project is synchronizing my carburetors! I will make a video off that...

Goood weekend to all of you..

/R

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Nope.... :-( raining..... again...
and I am just so ready to get out on the road...
actually the bird was approved to go on the road today..
ALL though the guy that was making the approval was a little rough with my bird.....
..but I am good to go...he could find anything :)
/R

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
ALL though the guy ....... was a little rough with my bird.....
I hope you can see the joke in what you written..... ROFL!!!!!
HAHahahahahahahahaHahaHAHhahaHA

Sorry man, I could not resist. :p

The weather has only started to get better here. 3rd day on sunshine and the wind seems to have died down (mostly).
Happy days are coming. :)

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Hi guys
- Thanks for all the positive response to the video´s - "I am all in" fore making a good library with video tutorials! :)
My next project is synchronizing my carburetors! I will make a video off that...

Goood weekend to all of you..

/R
I hope you dont mind, but I shared your video on face book and Honda XX,

It was excellent, A picture say a million words,

Thanks,
Cheers,
Brian.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Getting to this thread late my first choice would have been the CCT 100%- honest lol

I had this happen to mine when I had just changed the cylinder head and was on my first test ride, got about 1km and bang this huge noise - pulled over and immediatly switched off, got the guy to come in his truck and had it returned to the shop, I immediatly went for the CCT, put a small screwdriver in there and started her up and you could feel the insides slapping about, the noise seems to come from the cam chain slapping against the no longer extended CCT due to the spring breaking, I had had the cam chain replaced along with the cylinder head and wasn't happy with the cam chain that went in there - it was different can't remember if it had more links or less but it just looked different, so put the old chain back in there and will order one from Honda next time I'm home, I had a spare CCT so fitted that and all was well, I then got a manual one made at a machine shop using the faulty one for dimentions, what a job the guy made - he even colored it from the APE picture I gave him, just thought I'd share

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

It seems my bird make the same noise, I must change the CCT.
But I have a question: it's ok if I change only the CCT, or I have to change the entire kit (CCT + chain + the "skate" or "guide" of the chain, or how it's called)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Elvetost, thanks for your answer.
But what about the chain? After how many km must be changed? It's my first serious "problem" with the bird, and I really don't know. Every second man (biker) told me that I have to change also the chain...

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
No man, do not worry about the chain, or the chain guide.
With the bird the cct just goes. Especially if its the very first one fitted.
There is a new uprated part that honda has been offering. You can tell which is which by looking at it.
The updated part has got 2 green dots on it. The "old" design has just one.

Get in touch with either your local honda dealer or even better get on the Jaws website here:

Jaws Motorcycles and Motorcycle parts supplys for the Blackbird

John is a member and a friend and most of us shop from him. 100% genuine great guy.

The cct comes as a kit. It has the gasket and bolts, as well as 2 new copper washers with it. Its all you need.
And its a 10 min job to change. :)

Just to keep your mind at peace, I have seen about 20 of the cct's go bad, but never a new chain needed. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

Today I've changed (only) the CCT, and now it's silence, there is no ugly noise :highclap:.
Thanks to all for the informations and recommendations :thumb:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to jump on an old thread.
I had a similar sound happen as i was riding in traffic. Turned off engine . started back up. Sound gone. Drove a kilometre sound came back. Turned off engine. Then it wouldn't turn over again. I have a video of it trying to turn over. I'll try upload. I'm new to the forum

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just describe in words what happens. What year/model is machine? How many miles on the CCT? Sounds like you have 2 problems, they may be related?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just describe in words what happens. What year/model is machine? How many miles on the CCT? Sounds like you have 2 problems, they may be related?
I was traveling along watching the temp gauge as previous days fan kicked in 27 sets of lights all less than 100 meters apart. Noticed a rattling noise. Shit myself turned off ignition moved home to side.
Started bike up no rattling so drove on. By the time i got to the job the rattling started again. So i switched it off again. Pushed to my parking spot and the bike wouldn't turn over to start. The one time it did the rattling was there for about half a second and bike cut out. .
On my break i thought maybe I've sized the engine so i decided to try push in gear to rule that out. Bike moves but a a similar noise happens just a lot slower. I presume engine isn't sized if bike can be pushed in gear .
No the noise on turn over is a kind of clatter . im not sure why the video won't upload here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was traveling along watching the temp gauge as previous days fan kicked in 27 sets of lights all less than 100 meters apart. Noticed a rattling noise. Shit myself turned off ignition moved home to side.
Started bike up no rattling so drove on. By the time i got to the job the rattling started again. So i switched it off again. Pushed to my parking spot and the bike wouldn't turn over to start. The one time it did the rattling was there for about half a second and bike cut out. .
On my break i thought maybe I've sized the engine so i decided to try push in gear to rule that out. Bike moves but a a similar noise happens just a lot slower. I presume engine isn't sized if bike can be pushed in gear .
No the noise on turn over is a kind of clatter . im not sure why the video won't upload here.
Sorry 99 model 44k on clock.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts