Honda CBR XX Forum banner

OEM speedo wanted

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Captmikejd 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

so i had put an aftermarket speedo on my BB after my accident but have been thinking i want to go back to a stock one. If anyone knows where i can get a good one or has one they would like to sell please let me know. I have a '97 but i could always just upgrade to the digital speedo if thats all i can get. Thanks in advance for any help from anyone any help is greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Thanks ion but i actually figured out the problem i was having with my aftermarket one, after i had like two other people look at it we figured out it was a small thing we all overlooked a dozen times haha (which is why i was going to switch back to stock). SO i think for now im gunna hold out on switching back but if i do decide to go back ill hit you up. I appreciate your help though.

#5 ·
Hi Guys,
Cooked my 2003 speedo by parking her facing north yesterday. So I need a new speedo too. Prefer OEM, but not fussed if I can make an aftermarket work as well? Any suggestions as to where to look first so iXXion doesn't have to take his bike apart would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike

#6 ·
Im not sure of anywhere specifically to find stock ones you just gotta look everywhere i had found some a long time ago but they had been repaired any what not which is why i went aftermarket. If you cant find any stock after some time and decide to do the same i have a Koso RX-2 GP style and it works great and has a lot of great functions. You will however have to fab some kind of mount for it but i thought it was worth it.

#8 ·
I bought mine off of ebay for like $250 USD i think if you get it from the manufacturer i think its 350 but you will also need to buy a oil drain plug adapter so you can measure the temp. The dash panel i made in a welding class i was in. I still gotta fix it a little bit cuz its not quite straight but it works just fine as is for the time being lol.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.