·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
Swap in LED's loads brighter. Got mine here

Reactions: RCRandy

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They are called PC194 or T10 bulbs. You can find plenty on eBay.

If you get LEDs rather than bulbs just remember they are polarity sensitive so if they don't work at first just turn them around in the socket.

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
I've tried flebay parts and they seem to go bad very quickly. The super superbrights have been in here for 5 years at least with no issues

·
Registered
531 Posts

If you get LEDs rather than bulbs just remember they are polarity sensitive so if they don't work at first just turn them around in the socket.
Hey leighb! Still learning alot of stuff on the electrical front and for me that was a masive tid bit! Thank you.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Kav, in case its not obvious, what you photographed are bulbs in bases. Pull on bulb and they will come out ... friction fit.. The bulb is the T10. The base goes back in with a new bulb pushed into it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kav, in case its not obvious, what you photographed are bulbs in bases. Pull on bulb and they will come out ... friction fit.. The bulb is the T10. The base goes back in with a new bulb pushed into it.

I thought so, but wasn't brave enough to try pulling the bulbs out, cheers mate.
:)

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
4 main panel bulbs you can pull with the cluster in place. You just have to remove the windscreen.

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
Analog dash

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
It's an FI Bird the 99/00 ran the analog dash. The 4 main bulbs that provide backlight can be reached by removing the windscreen.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,660 Posts
So how may t10s and how many t5s? I amthibking i might get the blue ones. Hopefully still readable.

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
4 t10 not so sure about the 5's though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Strange, I bought T10 from Jaycar, but these are too big to fit in both the socket and the opening at the back of the board.

Hand Liquid Drinkware Fluid Finger

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They must be different to the carbie ones then. I had no sense of scale in the photo. My sincere apologies. Not sure what they are.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,660 Posts
Kav i thibk you pulled the t5 size. The t10s are a different colour base in my 2000 gen 1

1 - 20 of 27 Posts