Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone ran there bird without the O2 sensor/lamdba sensor in and just plugged in one of those sensor blanks.
just fitted new aftermarket end cans . without the cats in. on a 2002 reg.
i know the blank just tells the ecu that the bike is running right and can stop that bit off lump/jumpy judder you sometimes get
at low speed when the bike is trying to fuel itself down .
just wonder before i get one if anyone has fitted it and what it did.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Dave what fitting it does is removes the systems ability to trim back fuel. The stock map is tuned to be rich and then the O2 gives the ECM an input value to help it calculate how much fuel to take out to get it back to stoichiometric which is 14.7 which in reality makes the BB very throttle sensitive and jerky.
The plug is there to simulate the load the system would see from the heating element in the sensor. That's all the system monitors so unplugging it and installing the bypass plug just fools the system into thinking sensor is installed. Without the trimming voltage the bike runs off the factory 3D map just fine. I fitted one to my son's 03 bird to get rid of the hesitation and nasty flat spot it had running down the freeway at around 75 to 80 mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave what fitting it does is removes the systems ability to trim back fuel. The stock map is tuned to be rich and then the O2 gives the ECM an input value to help it calculate how much fuel to take out to get it back to stoichiometric which is 14.7 which in reality makes the BB very throttle sensitive and jerky.
The plug is there to simulate the load the system would see from the heating element in the sensor. That's all the system monitors so unplugging it and installing the bypass plug just fools the system into thinking sensor is installed. Without the trimming voltage the bike runs off the factory 3D map just fine. I fitted one to my son's 03 bird to get rid of the hesitation and nasty flat spot it had running down the freeway at around 75 to 80 mph.
thanks for the info.
going to order one.
looks like lots of big cc bikes have that sort of problem. the hesitation and jerky throttle.
lots on youtube one was a 1200 duke twin sorted the throttle straight out .so for £15.00 its worth it just to see.
thanks again. D.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Your very welcome
Let us know how it goes. And don't be afraid to keep asking questions. It's how we all learn and help each other out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 BB, with terror code23, I have just ordered an Eliminator myself from the UK, I still have the Original Exhausts, I’ll let you know how mine behaves when i give it a go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The plugs just add resistance to the heater circuit to stop the FI light. I made my own from the plug off the o2 sensor that was coming out.

You'll need a power commander to sort the fuelling afterwards, it will run very rich as said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts