Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm in real trouble with my 06 bird end of last year I had a corroded broken wire in the ignition which I stripped it down to fix resoldered in checked to see if I had ignition which I had I cannot remember if I started bike or not at the time.
So when I had it stripped said I'd do all the jobs I wanted to do all new lines new chain sprockets powder coating etc . All jobs done now when I've put her back together when switch on key no fuel pump priming it turns over perfect but that's it constant on FI light and I've noticed no Hiss light comming on either but it is working if I hold button I'm really at a loss here .
All advice gratefully accepted

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
I did this once. Is the fuel pump plugged in. Remove seat. Should be a two wire darker grey plug hidden by the subframe on the left side just aft of the tank or if orientation is using the seat... front left. Mine cranked over fine. I didn't hear the fuel pump pressing up when I turned the key on. Hop it's as simple as that for you.

Guy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
If you're getting gas the next thing for me to check would be if you're getting spark. Another question. Are you hearing the fuel pump pressurize the system right after you turn your key on? All fuses checked? I once knocked the power wire to the coils on another bike so the coils were not getting any spark and it just cranked and cranked but no vroom! Finally traced the wires to a rubber cover which had two wires with bullet connectors and I had knocked or pulled it one apart. Connected them and it started right up. Just some ideas. Chasing electrical problems is a pain. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No fuel pump not starting at all so its definitely electrical fault that's holding me out

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
No fuel pump not starting at all so its definitely electrical fault that's holding me out
Unplug your fuel pump. Put your voltmeter on ~20 DC volts. Get someone to turn the key on while you stab (hold the probes on) the pump power source side of the plug and see if you are even getting power to the pump. If you are that eliminates a lot of problems. Then it's on your pump side.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ummmm...... I have an 05 BB....... that corroded ign wire concerns me. Has the ign switch got a problem inside the key block? Maybe try some contact cleaner or electrical spray lube and see if it works. Also, I found a problem with mine due to long term storage, that turned out to be the starter button and the indicator switch needing a spray with cleaner. I can't recall if the symptoms were starting related but one of the problems was the headlight stopped working (and the bulb was fine :LOL:.... don't ask how I found that out).....

Try reading the technical section on this forum..... there's some great articles in there. Unrelated things could be causing some odd issues.

Hope you find the bug quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dave I've got to get back to it tonight been busy couldn't get near it but got a can of contact cleaner so I'll be cleaning all connections. On the ignition wire here is a thread I had when that happened you can see pic of corrosion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts