Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
CBR1350XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have been riding since I was 5 years old but I got my 2003 Blackbird about 5 months ago. It took what seemed like forever to find the absolute perfect Blackbird but when I found it I knew she was the one!! I found her on craigslist in Indiana and I drove 6 hours to get it.

The original owner was the guy that owned the Honda dealership where she spent most of her life. He had his top mechanic take it apart and had an extensive build. Her mods include: Bored to approximately 1350cc, Erion race cams installed, ported and polished, full Two Brothers exhaust with Black series carbon fiber mufflers, power commander 3 usb, tranny gears under cut, aftermarket sprockets, and Heli bar risers. He owned this bike for 10 years and in that time she sat on his showroom floor for nearly the whole time. She recieved enough riding time to rack up a total of 2700 miles!! Her oil was changed every few months even though she just sat there waiting for that special someone to love her enough to let her scream and tear up the roads.

The second owner bought it with those 2700 miles on her and in the 6 months he had her, he put another 3000 miles on her...

I bought this beauty with 5,700 miles on her and when I saw her a believe I had a case of perma-grin. When he cranked it and those dual Two Brothers carbon fiber mufflers rumbled I knew she was exactly what I wanted!! I purchase the bike in the middle of October one month before my birthday and it is absolutely the best birthday present ever!! My wife said before that she loves her Busa and I never understood what she meant until now!!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Welcome,

I understand the Love thing with the Bird.

Reactions: CBR1350XX

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like quite a tickle. Was a stroker crank installed to help gain some volume? If not, those pistons must be darn near rubbing shoulders.

Reactions: CBR1350XX

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I never thought the Bird could be bored out to 1350cc.

Another guy from KY joined yesterday and I'll ask you the same question: Have you ever run into the Haydens in your travels in KY?

Welcome and congratulations.

·
CBR1350XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I myself have never seen him. I have a friend I work with that told me he went to school with Nicky. I'd enjoy getting to go on a ride or hit the track with him or Tommy. You know they could give some good tips to use on track day.

·
CBR1350XX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are still uncertainties about my bike having all these things done to it. When you buy from an individual you kind of have to go off what they tell you. I wouldn't be to disappointed to find out it was a 5700 mile bike with full Two Brothers exhaust and a power commander seeing as I got it relatively cheap. $5000.00 and loaded her in my truck. Either way, I love it!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
81mm is generally about as big as they bore. For 1350 you'd need a stroker crank, and custom pistons...or 3 head gaskets, LOL. I don't even know if that much is possible, the most I remember hearing of is around 1325. That crank would cost more than a good stock XX. Regardless, sounds like a nice find. I'm pretty sure I tried to buy that bike when it was on the market, but it disappeared really fast.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts