RR - FH020AA
Gasket - Jaws

I'll let you know how I get on...

Cheers for persevering with me.

F.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my stator and R/R from West Country Windings. I believe they source their stators from these guys, https://www.rmstator.com/en_ww/. According to my service spreadsheet (yes, I am that anal), they were fitted 11.6 months ago and I've done 2441 miles on it. I'm no expert on this but I think a good quality stator is important and an R/R which connects directly to the battery bypassing the loom wiring. Prior to this the old stator went at 64,981 miles, a Wemoto stator went at 66,390 miles, a JAWS stator went at ~67,000 and I ran it on a cheap Chinese stator (which survived) for a few miles until I got the stuff from WCW. I had replaced the R/R and battery as well a few times but only with like-for-like so the R/R still connected via the loom. So I know how you're feeling. Hopefully my charging woes are over and so will yours be when you fit the WCW gear. She is definitely running well and I now have the confidence to take her on longer runs. I still remember the day when she let me down in the Bridgwater canal area. Tough spot I thought but then I'm from Wimborne!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I got my stator and R/R from West Country Windings. I believe they source their stators from these guys, https://www.rmstator.com/en_ww/. According to my service spreadsheet (yes, I am that anal), they were fitted 11.6 months ago and I've done 2441 miles on it. I'm no expert on this but I think a good quality stator is important and an R/R which connects directly to the battery bypassing the loom wiring. Prior to this the old stator went at 64,981 miles, a Wemoto stator went at 66,390 miles, a JAWS stator went at ~67,000 and I ran it on a cheap Chinese stator (which survived) for a few miles until I got the stuff from WCW. I had replaced the R/R and battery as well a few times but only with like-for-like so the R/R still connected via the loom. So I know how you're feeling. Hopefully my charging woes are over and so will yours be when you fit the WCW gear. She is definitely running well and I now have the confidence to take her on longer runs. I still remember the day when she let me down in the Bridgwater canal area. Tough spot I thought but then I'm from Wimborne!
Anal, but welcome!

Cheers,

F

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The bits are either here or on the way.

Only bit I can't find is the grommet that separates the 3 wires as they come out of the stator...

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Foeux
You'll need 2 if yours didnt come with any. The second issue is unless the stator doesn't come terminated your not getting the grommets on there. The other option is to cut the terminals off your older stator you can slide the grommet off if it's not to heat set. If it is you can boil it in hot water to soften it up. Then it should slide over the wires.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Huzzah. All the bits are here at last.

I will be 'doing the job', taking photos and letting you know how it goes...

Not long now.

F

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
I am reliably informed that the outcome was 14.3V at idle …………………… just don't mention the baking tray.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Duck, I am afraid you are incorrect. The bike didn't produce 14.3v after a couple of minutes...

It produced 14.31v!

I recorded everything with photos so will post the baking tray saga one evening soon.

Next job is be a little more caring towards it now it works again.

Cheers.

F

81 - 96 of 96 Posts