Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright total noob to modding bikes (4runners are a different story!),

Does it matter if you upgrade the forks or rear shock first? Eventually want a Penske ($$$$) back there, but in the meantime would it be unwise to upgrade the front with something like heavier racetechs and leave the rear alone (or add a 6mm shim) while waiting for a better shock, or should I do the rear first (penske) and leave the front for another day... what will get the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

PS- I did search far and wide and all around!!! Dunno if that is a problem here, but on the Yota forums, the flaming of noobs posting and reposting is brutal and unending :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
I would always do the fronts first..... but adding the 6mm shim can be done at anytime and since its the cheapest and simplest i would do that first.. then the fronts..

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
When you do get that Penske you will be OMFG it is a night and day difference, do the front as well. Quit hopping up the 4Runners and you will have some extra dosh in no time:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies, helps a lot. As for the 4runners, well... We've got big boulders here in CO! I constantly have to remind the 4runner that the BB is only my second favorite or she refuses to start :)

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Front, Jaws + RaceTec Goldvalves. Rear, Penske remote r.h. adj.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@canadianbird

Are there different spring rates for the Jaws springs? or are they a kinda one size fits all mod... Was poking around his website the other day, seems like there is only one type

·
Registered
418 Posts
Been looking into suspension upgrades myself and found a site in the states that has the best prices I've seen yet. Better than ebay, Amazon or the countless other sites I've been to. Not familiar with Jaws though. Will check it out but if it's abroad then shipping costs may be a factor.

- Home - Indysuperbikes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts