Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo All
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

The Bird. 2007 last model.
KM. 3885.
Have been in store for 10 years.

Preparing it for next season.
The tank was dirty. Corrosion. Have been cleaned completly.
New fuel filter.

Have also changed.
Oil filter
air Filter K&N
spark plugs.
fork oil
coolant
tires

Problem.
It turns fine on starter, but will not ignite.
I have normal HISS indication.
Oil pressure lamp normal. (no light after 1-2 sec. on the starter)
The fuel pump run for 3-4 sec. and then stop. (I assume by this that the fuel pressure regulator work?)

No smell of fuel out of the exhaust.

All fuses OK.

My next step is to make the fuel flow test and measure the fuel flow, and dismantle the injectors and try to test with some carb. cleaner and a battery.

Any ideas/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Morten
Denmark

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
I think you're going in the right direction. The injectors could be clogged with gummed up fuel or rust... but before you tear into that. Have you checked for spark yet?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Fuel pump run for 3-4 sec upon key switch is correct.
Agree, test for fuel flow (also pressure is another test). Also, good idea to clean injectors.

First off, I would spray some raw fuel into throttle body throats to see if she fires. This will indicate good spark.

Also, after 10 years storage, I recommend a new FPR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree, test for fuel flow (also pressure is another test). Also, good idea to clean injectors.

First off, I would spray some raw fuel into throttle body throats to see if she fires. This will indicate good spark.

thanks guys.
I will keep fighting.
Morten

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If the fuel pump runs for 3-4 sec. I would assume it is regulation correcvt....or....Have i missed something here?

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
Sorry. to big fingers..... ;-)
If the fuel pump runs for 3-4 sec. I would assume that the FPR is working OK......or....Have i missed something here?
The FPR rubber diaphragm is known to split and that leaks fuel directly into your oil so oil becomes fuel diluted and won't lubricate and that ruins your whole engine. It is almost 14 years old and has been not flexed or moved in 10 years. So it is even more prone to failure. Replacing it is a preventative measure that will prevent bigger problems down the road. Easy to do and not very expensive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bikerian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in business
Thank you for your support and answers.
The bird is now "Humming" again.

I cleaned the injectors and the supply lines as well.
Finally, I disconnected the Y cable to the power commander. I should have done this earlier, because now the engine came to life.

The power commander have been without any power for 10 years. does this mean it is "dead" forever?

I have just reconnected the power commander and now the engine can run???

A good advise would be highly appreciated.

Have a nice weekend all.

Morten

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Second the bad connection. Maybe go back with some contact cleaner on the connections then put it back together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts