Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just bought a blackbird after about 6 months of looking, there are virtually non bellow Basingstoke that were worth having, me being on the sunny south coast, finally found one nearis to me, very tidy a few extras and not to many miles for a 99 last of the carbie ones really nice bike and fit's in the stable quite nicely alongside the FZR400RR exup 3tj 1989 (30 yrs old now and gets me into all the local transport and bike shows around the south free camping and entry for exhibitors yippee, loads of free holidays, and still goes like shit of a shiny shovel with the handling to boot) and ZX9R streetfighter (behaves more like a giant supper motard fear and fun in equal measures)
i'll post some pics when i get the hang of the site
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers Bigmc form Dorset myself,
between us were the ones holding the cidermaniacs in Somerset upright and on the map

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy her

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi all and thanks for the warm welcome,
the bird has been in hospital twice in the last week (and once a just after i bought it, but that was simple fix) under guarantee, wish i'd found the forum sooner could have fixed it myself with half the agro, anyway upshot is they ended up de-linking the breaks, which i'm not to bothered about, but as it was the center piston on the back that was sticking i only have one line to the outer 2 and the break is pants, they just chucked stuff at it to get it going never fixed the problem (stuck center piston) so once the guarantee is up, only a couple weeks, i'm gonna strip and rebuild rear caliper and add the 2nd line,
anyway i shall put a full post in the correct section of all my woes, for your amusement and hopefully some advice if needed, i guess it's cheaper for a shop to chuck a de-link kit at it than spend hrs + money rebuilding, checking and lubing the whole system, just the way it is i spose

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Beardy
Get it linked back together. The system is about the best short of ABS. It can be a bit problematic sometimes but once it's sorted it's very reliable. There are some side benefits to it as well. What a lot of people call the proportioning valve is actually a delay valve. It actuates the right side front caliper after a short delay of the left. It works as a anti dive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there
i find the linked brakes very good could not imagine not having them
gives me a bit of reassurance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts