Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New heavy duty Stator from Electrosport arrived today. Roadstercycle MOSFET unit should be here Saturday. When I bought the bike two years ago I knew the regulatoywas not stock but a cheap China piece. We’ll I could smell that smell last week. Sure enough it’s toast. Installing all new. Did the same deal to my “98” and was trouble free for about 6 until I sold it.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good luck, take your time, and make sure you dont over stress the 3 stator wires with the rubber grommet when you have it in the stator cover.

I did 1 of my blades with an electrosport stator 5 years ago, it lasted about 4 months.
I have a volt meter on the dash, and as I was doing about 70mph, I seen my volts drop to 10.5v, got her home and checked the 3 stator wires, 2 of the outer yellow sleeves were cracked, grounding out on the engine case.
The stator 3 wires 5 years ago seemed to be low quality, the outer yellow sleeves didn't seem to be very flexible hence the cracking, they mite have up there quality since then though.

But I decided there and then, never use any electrosport products again.
So I bought a electrex world stator and shes been good since them, and I did my other blade with electrex world stator and reg/rec never had any problems since.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed and ready to go. Took my time, about 2 1/2 hrs. It was 94 degrees in the garage, the fan helped some. Found a really toasted plug as seen in pics. Lots of ”fixes” on the Loom. Ripped it all out started fresh.
Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts