Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a VFR and was looking for another one for my son who was looking to upgrade from a CB500. Came across a meticulously clean 2000 CBR1100xx for a stupid low price. So now my son has the VFR and I am the proud new owner of this baby...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, Doc.

There's "clean" - then there's your new bike :whistle: - looks like "meticulous" is the word!(y)

I don't don't use a tank bag any more, but when I did I had a thin sheet of perforated rubber that protected the tank from potential scratches. You probably know that already, though; just an observation shared. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the compliment! Here is the bike today. All happy and proud. Bike has a little rattle right around 4k RPM. I am guessing CCT. Reading about fixes now. Double Green Dot seems to be the one to get. Do you know anything about this? Also, bike would not start after riding all day when I stopped to get gas. Jumped it and got back home. Charging battery so I can load test and check stator output. Thinking is is the rectifier. Sounds like Rick's rectifier is the one to go with??? dunno. It runs about $152 online.

So other than potentially needing a CCT and Rectifier or stator, yes, it is a very clean example. Once I get it sorted out, I hope to enjoy it for many years and miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I took the tank bag off as you can see in the pic and put a smaller bag on the back with a net over it. Didn't want to scratch that paint.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Recommend jacks kit for a R/R run the SH20 as I'm guessing the lighting and all is stock
Roadstercycle

CCT has a couple of paths replace yours with new green dot but keep the old one. Here's a trick I've used and its given me at least 30,000 more miles or better kind of lost track it's been so long ago.

You'll need some patience and a steady hand. Make sure you have released the tensioner before you pull it. You want the tensioner plunger fully extended. As you look at the base you will notice a slot cut that runs to the face of the base. In the slot you will see a small wire. That is the end of the tensioner spring. If it's not there it may have broken off in which case this fix won't work. When you pull the old CCT you'll notice a wire clip in a groove around the base, carefully pry this clip out. Now looking at the CCT base you'll see that it has 4 tabs 2 wide and 2 narrow. Mark one of the wide tabs and the body next to it with a black marker. Carefully lift off the 4 tab hat (caution it is under a slight tension) plate just enough to get it to clear the body slots. Now give the hat 2 full turns clockwide to wind the spring a bit tighter. seat it back into the body. Reset the clip, I place it so the both of the ends are across the the metal body (not hanging over a groove). Once this is done turn the adjuster spring in until the plunger is pulled completely back. give it just a bit of yorque and that should hold it in place until you have it back in the engine. Then simply tap the housing and the plunger will release and set and then enjoy riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts