Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.

I've been a long time lurker, doing a bit of research into the CBR1100xx. No substitute for real life experience from owners. I've learned a lot from the forum and you guys, so a big thank you for all the great info.

I finally took the plunge and bought my first Bird after a lengthy search and I have to say she's a great bike. Not a show pony by any means, she's done 56,000 miles but seems to have been well looked after.

The modifications are basically what I would probably have done myself, double bubble screen, de-linked brakes, rear hugger and a wing rack.

I rode a CBR1000F for many years and getting on the BB, I immediately recognised the same basic Honda DNA, they are remarkably similar.

Here's a couple of pictures for you guys to see my new baby :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Hawkind,

Welcome into the pilot's seat! Clean looking carbie you have there and 56k is nothing for such a machine (though that looks like a Givi monorail not a Wing rack).

Watch out for London ULEZ if you ever come up to town. Carbies can be exempted but the default is chargeable until individually exempted.

Adding OEM looking hazard lights to the left switch gear was an early mod I did to my 97 carbie and have used a lot ever since.

Have fun enjoying your Bird and the uplift from CBR1000 to XX as lockdown is lifted and better weather is arriving for Spring/ Summer.

Rgds M1

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome M1

I think you're right on the Givi monorail. The chances of me riding up to London are less than zero, much prefer the twisties on the South Downs ;). I'll check-out your hazard warning light mod and yes I'm enjoying being back in the saddle with this nicer weather we're getting (y)

·
Registered
706 Posts
... I'll check-out your hazard warning light mod.. .
Photoshop mock up of what it would look like:

Suzuki part number etc:

and later in the same thread pics of it done and some pointers. Only thing you cant see below on the fitted part is that the flash to pass is now a yellow switch (you can just glimpse it in the mock up above).

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Welcome aboard good sir from the other side of the big pond.

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
...... and welcome from Zummerzet where bailer twine is the answer to everything.

That is one tidy Bird you have picked up there. (y)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard Fellow Fighter Pilot! NOICE Bird!!! Anything and just about everything ya needs to know about yur bird can be found here! GREAT bunch here! Willing and able to help. Enjoy yur ride! Again welcome aboard. Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...... and welcome from Zummerzet where bailer twine is the answer to everything.

That is one tidy Bird you have picked up there. (y)
Thanks for the welcome Duck...............though I'm not sure I'll be using the bailer twine tip o_O:D

She was a bargain. When I went to pick her up, I was very pleasantly surprised at how good she is.
The tail unit is from a FI model, and one of the tail unit bolts looks a bit butchered. But apart from that she's a good usable bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello and welcome aboard Fellow Fighter Pilot! NOICE Bird!!! Anything and just about everything ya needs to know about yur bird can be found here! GREAT bunch here! Willing and able to help. Enjoy yur ride! Again welcome aboard. Cheers!
Thanks for the welcome.

I used to have a CBR1000F a few years back, you still got yours?

I find the two bikes seem to share a lot of DNA, what do you think?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I used to have a CBR1000F a few years back, you still got yours?

I find the two bikes seem to share a lot of DNA, what do you think?
[/QUOTE
That was my first "project" bike! SOLID machine! Bullet proof! BUT as heavy as a wooly mammoth! Lololol
Unfortunately, once again was cut off on highway. Came away with banged up shoulder that eventually healed nothing broken. And after allll that work didn't have the heart to fix it... My landlord bought it and plans to use the engine to make a trike!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was my first "project" bike! SOLID machine! Bullet proof! BUT as heavy as a wooly mammoth! Lololol
Unfortunately, once again was cut off on highway. Came away with banged up shoulder that eventually healed nothing broken. And after allll that work didn't have the heart to fix it... My landlord bought it and plans to use the engine to make a trike!
That's too bad.

I had mine for about 8 years, spent a lot of time and money on the old girl. Was very sad to sell her, but at the time I really wanted a Fireblade and just didn't have the space or time to ride two bikes. At least I think she went to a good home.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome guys. seems there are quite a few of us down here :)

I see you also have the faster black version Nick ;)...........:whistle:..............:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts