Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Roy from central MS. While I don't currently own a Blackbird, it has been my dream bike since I first saw a brand new one in a Honda shop when I was around 17. I just got my first bike not long ago, and it's a used Shadow Aero 750. I'll keep learning on this one until I find the right deal on the right BB. I figure spending some time reading through the forums can accelerate my knowledge base on things to look out for in the process of trying to find one.

This is my current ride...

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Those are a beautiful cruiser. They are out there just be patient. I was stationed down in goula before Katrina. There's a lot of beautiful riding down there. At the time I was on board a V65 Sabre.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah, we have the weather for almost year round riding down here, which is nice. Lots of backroads as well. A buddy of mine bought a V45 Magna, which is fun in and of itself...then he got an ST1300 for interstate business trips. He's happier than a puppy with two peters with that ST. It'll be nice to have a ride one day that we can run out to the coast or to the TN mountains, etc. This Shadow is great for commuting and slow backroads chillin', but not so much interstate travel.

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
Welcome and good luck in your search for a Bird.

Here in the UK we have year round riding, I did it for years when commuting .............. however it's just a bit rubbish riding in heavy rain and buttock clenching when there is ice and snow. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1998 Blackbird
83 Posts
Welcome to the world of all things Birdy.

Take you time to find a Blackbird, it has to be the one you want and can live with day to day.

Slight envy as these days my Bird goes into hibernation for the crappy winter months over here, she used to be a daily untill retirement. Now she is just spoilt and loved for being my dream bike of 23yrs and counting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Smart move joining and learning about the 'Bird before taking the plunge.

I don't know what the market is like over in the States, but here in the UK, you'd be hard pressed to find a bike that gives you more 'bang for the buck'. Considering what they can do, Blackbirds here are great value for money.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts