Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the forum for quite a while, I finally registered and am glad to participate. Thanks for letting me in. I'm a proud owner of a 2002 Blackbird since early 2022. I'm in my 50's, I had a smaller Honda in the 90's, so it's about time to get back onto a bike. I found a really nice blue blackbird last winter, and then started quite a search for info and parts, that turned into a project of many modifications. There's not that much info or public precedent on many of these parts or mods on the Blackbird, so hopefully I'll be able to give inspiration to others as well. It was completed in mid-July and I have been really enjoying riding the bike.
Insipiration for many of the modifications came from this forum, especially for the riding position and the suspension. I made a video series of the build https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPUPDSTT2re-ragx98Y2EA Many more videos will be uploaded in short order, it's quite a job editing, so one at a time. It's also on instagram Glorious Blackbird (@glorious_blackbird) • Instagram photos and videos I will post here on the video section of the forum when new videos are available.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

Nice new clothes on your Bird. Many man-hrs clearly put in there.

Would love to see your list of mods.

Rgds Mallow1
Thanks! It was enjoyable to work on this bike, so it didn't feel like that big of an effort, but many things were done. I like to surprise myself with what actually I can do just when I take on something. Some sort of list or summary of the mods eventually is to be made, but in the videos are really described most of the things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts