Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Let's Ride!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been apart of this site for awhile but rarely came online, now I have a little more time and figured I'd introduce myself and start some posts. I'm 27 years old and have been riding for 11 years. I started out on a Honda 450 Hawk and have enjoyed riding several bikes such as the Yamaha Maxim 650 and Suzuki GS 750, which are still in the family. I have also been on a Katana 750, Ninja 900, and GSXR 1000. I first owned a Kawasaki Z750s which was bought the first year they were sold in the states and loved it, but had always wanted a Honda Blackbird and finally had my chance to buy one last year, luckily my wife fell in love with it as well...

So now I am the proud owner of a 98 Blackbird. The previous owner was shorter and had lowered it, added a Yoshi pipe, gold chain, and stage 1 jet kit. I rode it all last year lowered but am trying to decide if I want to put it back to normal height. It looks pretty stealthy the way it is but the cornering is slightly hindered. I am 5'10 so the lowering link isn't really needed. I am also looking around at other fairly cheap ways to mod the bike and make it stand out. Along with that, I have been looking at the Corbin Gunfighter and "lady" or whatever seat which also allows for the optional back rest (for the wife). She has been fine on long rides but I would assume this seat or something similar would only make it better. We're also looking for other riders, preferably Bird riders (just because it would be cool to meet others with the same love for them) that are fairly close to ride with.

Some other things about me. I have two young boys who love bikes as well. I am no mechanic but do basic work on my own and I am always willing to learn new things. I am real easy-going and prefer to be around others who are positive and simple, with a sense of humor.

Hope to learn about some others out there.

Chad :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello from Down Under Chad!:welcome:

·
Banned
262 Posts
Sounds good.
I never had a backrest until the bird with Top box and Panniers, passengers say it makes a great difference to their comfort

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello,
Nice to hear from you.
I live in Ithaca, So we should meet up for a ride this summer?
We have a group that gets together in search for great chicken wings!
So far the BEST is in Watkins Glen NY at a place called Maria's on main st.
Take care and maybe we'll see ya this summer?
Randy

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I am real easy-going and prefer to be around others who are positive and simple, with a sense of humor.
Welcome. We should get along great - I'm as simple as can be.

·
Registered
754 Posts
:welcome: from Canada!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome from scotland:welcome:

The XX is a peach of a bike and there are lots enthusiasts..........

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
:welcome:

·
here's jonny
1,434 Posts
welcome from england,
my missus loves top box with back rest, makes her feel secure at whatever speed we may be doing.!!!!

·
Let's Ride!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the site Chad.
Did you happen to meet the seller in Monticello?
Yes and from your bike description, I'm guessing you were there as well. I'm happy to say the bike is doing great! Amanda and I are itching to ride and contemplating moving to a more motorcycle friendly climate at some point. You'll have to inform us of any rides and we'll join, I'd love to see that beautiful turbo of your's again.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yes and from your bike description, I'm guessing you were there as well. I'm happy to say the bike is doing great! Amanda and I are itching to ride and contemplating moving to a more motorcycle friendly climate at some point. You'll have to inform us of any rides and we'll join, I'd love to see that beautiful turbo of your's again.
Thanks Chad, yeah its me...
Glad the bike is treating you well.
Greg took pretty good care of it.
We'll get together this coming season.
Let us know if you have any questions about the Blackbird.
Hank

·
Let's Ride!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello,
Nice to hear from you.
I live in Ithaca, So we should meet up for a ride this summer?
We have a group that gets together in search for great chicken wings!
So far the BEST is in Watkins Glen NY at a place called Maria's on main st.
Take care and maybe we'll see ya this summer?
Randy
Sounds great! Definitely let me know and I'll be there. Were you riding around Cortland this past season? I was told another xx was in the area a few times but never saw the bike myself or I would have stopped to talk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts