Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dialing her in!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought some new fairings off of Ebay because mine were getting old and there were some cracks and chips on them. What a mistake! The stickers were missing letters, the one fairing came in cracked and there were tabs missing to bolt in the induction under the headlight. On the other hand the paint was nice, it seems to be able to stand up to these upcoming years i will have it. Has anyone else bought these from over seas?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the post. I have been curious about them - quality, fit, and finish. Please keep us posted as to how the vendor handles the damaged goods and how the parts go on the bike. Photos would be nice.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Just a few pointers..
If you are reffering to the missing tabs, for the nose grill in the carbies, then its not there as there isn't one on the oem fairings too.. Injected bikes dont have said tabs...
The fairing that was cracked, was damaged probably from the transport. Get in touch with them, I am sure they will send you out a new one, if you send them a pic or something. Do it now, nice and early...
The missing lettering, is a problem with our chinese friends.. They speak engrish unfortunately, hence I try to order my fairings with no stickers to catch this out....
I would love to see some pics man! Get on with that for us please!
And hey man, enjoy the new shiny finish!
Cheers!
Chris

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
Bet you 100bucks its on the rear cowl lettering!
I actually noticed this in a couple of the ebay auctions!
:popcorn:

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
So I bouaght some new fairings off of Ebay because mine were getting old and there were some cracks and chips on them. What a mistake! The stickers were missing letters, the one fairing came in cracked and there were tabs missing to bolt in the induction under the headlight. On the other hand the paint was nice, it seems to be able to stand up to these upcoming years i will have it. Has anyone else bought these from over seas?
There is about 8 different Chinese companys making fairings,
So which one did you get yours from.
And they all differ greatly,

·
Registered
405 Posts
The ones I saw on eBay were going for like 300 bucks, plus 200 shipping. A whole fairing set for 500?! That most likely wouldnt pay for 1 piece new from Honda. I would imagine it would have fitment problems, and others. But for 500 bucks, you cant go wrong if you need plastics. I usually fix my stockers if they are broke. Let us know!

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I think I just sh*t myself.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I purchased delkevic fairings for my XX, great fitment, and I did a hong kong body kit for my 900RR, minor wallowing of a few holes but fit up great, clear coat wasnt the best quality but bike looks awesome from 2 feet away!

·
Joe
46 Posts
I ordered one from Delkevic, and it cracked up before I ever road my bird. I ordered another, and same result. I think it was a bad batch or had been frozen a couple of years, but just a guess. I just ordered one from motorcycle-fairings.com. It's coming primered so no problem there. It's an upper cowl. Shouldn't be rocket science. The owner said they've got a good product, the price was $200, with shipping so confidence is high.

·
youfly2
331 Posts
get your plastic from autmarts they have the best paint and are good to work with i have had 3 bodies from them and please with all of them ! are the perfect no but for the money and the compliments i get !!!...VERY WORTH IT !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts