Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
From the preceding link:

Q: Where are these made? Are you a USA based company?
A: Our company is based in New York, USA. We use a contract manufacture in China. Our manufacture uses all the latest technology. We do a lot of testing to ensure the injected molded fairings are top of the line. We do not use PVC based plastics or other questionable methods.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
There is no doubt that Chinese fairings look great, but, they are not as strong as the other Aftermarket fairings available in the market. They break easily and therefore are not worth the money you spend for them. You can instead prefer OEM fairings that are long lasting and strong enough to be used for daily riding.
this is absolutely untrue. I have a set of Chinese fairings on my blue Bird. Wife knocked it over onto my Interceptor. Not one single crack just scuffed paint. I have the injection molded ones instead of the vacuum formed ones (which I hear are the junk ones). Mine are actually thicker than stock and just as flexible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is absolutely untrue. I have a set of Chinese fairings on my blue Bird. Wife knocked it over onto my Interceptor. Not one single crack just scuffed paint. I have the injection molded ones instead of the vacuum formed ones (which I hear are the junk ones). Mine are actually thicker than stock and just as flexible.
Hey commrad,

You were lucky enough to have a good experience with those! I have got the worst experience with such fairings. I have seen one break years ago; and the other just recently. I had purchased a new set of fairings for a Yamaha Sports Bike. But, they could not last longer. This may be due to the quality of the material used. But, then, I found the OEM ones much better!

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Yes Justin, I got a good set BUT I bet I sent 50 emails before I ordered. Mine are primed (not paint on plastic) even painted with urethane paint and clear so they won't turn yellow and look awful in a year or two. Other than where my wife knocked it over they still look like they just came out of the box but it did take some hunting to get them and I paid about $50 (US) more than the other guys were charging. Just because it's made in China doesn't mean it's junk, all Mercury outboard motors under 40hp are now made in China and no one is calling them junk. The actual fairings I have came from a company outside of China (according to the seller). The people in China only paint them. He also told me that all the ones made in China were vacuum formed ABS, were junk and painted with a very cheap enamel paint that chipped and turned yellow easily. A quick google search verified the problems he told me about.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey commrad,

You were lucky enough to have a good experience with those! I have got the worst experience with such fairings. I have seen one break years ago; and the other just recently. I had purchased a new set of fairings for a Yamaha Sports Bike. But, they could not last longer. This may be due to the quality of the material used. But, then, I found the OEM ones much better!
The problem is that new EOM fairings are getting harder to come by, and you'll pay a small fortune for them. Used ones are typically rashed, cracked or broken and unless you can do you own repairs and paint, will also cost a small fortune in the end.

I've saved the ebay seller Commrad and others have purchased from and when I have enough spare cash, I'll order a set to replace some of my cracked fairing pieces. I emailed the seller and they will ship them primed, but not painted which is great because I would want to keep the Titanium color and match the Beetle bags.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
I emailed the seller and they will ship them primed, but not painted which is great because I would want to keep the Titanium color and match the Beetle bags.
This is a good thing, the blue mine came can not be matched. Well, one company said they could match it for $5000 (US)!!!! I emailed the seller to try to figure out how to match the color. He said they hand mix paint to what "looks good". I'll give them one thing, they came up with one of the most beautiful blues I've ever seen. It almost changes color in different light. I really do wish I could match it, I' spray my old Mustang with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts