Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll be the 1st to recommend it. Makes tuning very easy and fast.
I really fail to understand why you say its easy to use autotune, i bought one to go with my gsxr1000 bazzaz module but after researching decided not to bother. research showed as i doesnt work well in the lower rev range under 3k and since it needs to record each fuel cell in each gear in all rpm, how safe and legal to tune it at upwards of 280klm phr time after time to get the data then change fuel cells then recheck it ultimatley the dyno is the most reliable and safest way to go and there are no forums i found discussing doing the practical side of it

·
Super Moderator
8,739 Posts
I really fail to understand why you say its easy to use autotune, i bought one to go with my gsxr1000 bazzaz module but after researching decided not to bother. research showed as i doesnt work well in the lower rev range under 3k and since it needs to record each fuel cell in each gear in all rpm, how safe and legal to tune it at upwards of 280klm phr time after time to get the data then change fuel cells then recheck it ultimatley the dyno is the most reliable and safest way to go and there are no forums i found discussing doing the practical side of it
Well not sure about the bazzaz unit but with my experience using power commander it has been very easy. I'm mapped to 135. But where I am there are plenty of places to be able to pull a high speed test safely. Also I have found that the base time from Dynojet which was made using a dyno and an actual BB is very accurate. The table was offset for the ram air already and my runs have agreed with thier setting. At speed its hitting the target AFR they recommend.
I'm not knocking a dyno tune but for some of us real world works just as good if not better in some circumstances.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well not sure about the bazzaz unit but with my experience using power commander it has been very easy. I'm mapped to 135. But where I am there are plenty of places to be able to pull a high speed test safely. Also I have found that the base time from Dynojet which was made using a dyno and an actual BB is very accurate. The table was offset for the ram air already and my runs have agreed with thier setting. At speed its hitting the target AFR they recommend.
I'm not knocking a dyno tune but for some of us real world works just as good if not better in some circumstances.
Yeah but ive known a lot of guys who are brave but not talented and would do stuff which is potentially dangerous i know guys who are talented but not brave who would not do stuff thats dangerous, i just wouldnt advise to do an autotune however if you know someone's circumstances that's different its just a diy concept

·
Super Moderator
8,739 Posts
Understand completely. But I don't walk into things blindly either. I've made inquiries and research. And consulted some well educated gentleman before going down this road. I've spent the last couple years using both of these methods of tuning with very good success.
The module setup that Dynojet provides a very good system and safeties built into it. So that's why I would recommend it to folks for tuning on the street in real time.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts