Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Corporation | HOT MC | BATTLAX BT-023 SPORT TOURING

Has anyone used these tires? More specifically, the GT spec tires.

Would be great if someone could opine on whether the BT023-GT spec tires would work well on the Bird... my riding is typically in hot weather, on reasonably uneven road surfaces and more importantly, NEVER with knees to ground. Looking for tires that would 1. offer good stability 2. grip and brake well and 3. be able to handle temperatures and road surface.

Alternatively, would a set of Michelin PR2s still be the best bet?

I have someone coming in to India from Holland next month and could ask them to carry a set in. Any help / feedback really appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
BT021's would probably serve you just as well, PR2's seem great from what I read. To date my 021's have been great and are a dual compund tire as well. Can not comment on the 023's though but if a huge price diff ,personally save the money and get the 021's

·
Registered
119 Posts
I fitted a pair of BT 023 sport touring tyres to the Blackbird about 1400 miles ago.Seem quite good -but not significantly better than the 021 or 016s I have had previously.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fitted the 023's the other week and am impressed so far with grip and stability, like it was said above not too much difference in performance compared to the 021's, but an upgrade is an upgrade and had to try them at the price I got them, 210 euro fitted to the bike. Mileage will be tested shortly as I heading off on a 3000 mile trip. Will let you know how me and the tyres get on.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
..Fitted them 3 days ago ...already 400 kms,bike very stable ,light steering nice grip...need to test them in rain...we'll see...

Not the GT type...these are for much heavier bikes...

Price: 290 euro+a tyre repair kit...:thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm curious how this tire behaves in the wet,the pattern does
not cover the middle of the tire on the rear like the MPR2 does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fitted the 023's the other week and am impressed so far with grip and stability, like it was said above not too much difference in performance compared to the 021's, but an upgrade is an upgrade and had to try them at the price I got them, 210 euro fitted to the bike. Mileage will be tested shortly as I heading off on a 3000 mile trip. Will let you know how me and the tyres get on.
I've been very happy with the 021's. They have lasted me appx 11,000 miles so far. I commute appx 100 miles to san francisco. As far as longest lasting tire for the bird, this is the best set I've tried.

The one complaint I have is the front seems to wearing out much faster than the rear. The price difference between the 021's and 023's is only a few dollars at my favorite online store, motorcycleusa.com, so I plan on ordierng the 023's very soon. Any idea if 023 GTs would be a good option?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just installed the Bridgestone 023 GT's last night. Only put a hundred miles or so but, they are wonderful. I enjoy them much better than the Dunlop RoadFarts.

The RoadFarts developed a band around the circumference on the front tire. This became a quite a step from the center to the side. The band is about an inch or so wide.
And the rear RoadFart, where the harder dual compound is became- not uniform in circumference where the harder compound met the softer compound. Even though they may have lasted an additional 1000 miles more, I chose to replace them after 5000 miles. Not a bad wearing tire, mileage wise, however, I won't be going back to the RoadFarts, though.

I really like how these new 023 GT's feel. Really steady on center and light in the left to right transistions...wonderful. We'l see how they fair as the miles pile up. But, initial impressions are pretty groovy!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You must have been cornering a lot more & harder that I do, then, Hurricane. I got my typical flat in the middle of the rear despite the harder compound. Didn't get any band in the middle of the front either. Still, I currently have a set of Angels & like them. Progressive but light steering, no 'drop' into corners. Easier to turn in than the Roadsmarts but more predictable than any of the BT & PR ones I have used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts