Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all.

My favorite bike EVER was my beloved Blackbird. Sadly after less than a year an oversize truck driving on a road with narrower than usual lanes caused it to be written off. :-(

So having ridden nothing but Honda sports bikes for the last 30 years, I decided to try something different. A Yamaha MT-09 Tracer. Build quality?. Terrible. Seating position?. Way too upright for me. Engine?. Absolutely wonderful 900cc triple!. Gobs of torque. ABS?. It has got me out of so many accidents or near accidents. I'm approaching being an elderly man and have decided I cannot live without ABS.

Is there a way to retrofit ABS to a Blackbird?. This would make me a very happy man. :)

Now don't get upset at me but is there a bike similar to the Blackbird with ABS. I'm unwilling but forced to look at ABS bikes only. I still adore the Blackbird. There's the Hayabusa but it doesn't look very comfortable for a pillion. The wife would not be impressed. I like that it's ugly but all that expensive plastic!.

So, unless a Blackbird can have third party ABS, deserve a damn good flogging for even considering another bike, has anyone got any suggestions for another bike?

Appreciated, sad and ashamed!. :-(
Thanks in advance. :)
Tony.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Well,
Hopefully I won't be flogged for suggesting this... but if you like gobs of torque, pillion comfort is part of the equation... go for a test ride on a 2018+ Goldwing, BMW K1600 GT... something like that. The wing will surprise you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well,
Hopefully I won't be flogged for suggesting this... but if you like gobs of torque, pillion comfort is part of the equation... go for a test ride on a 2018+ Goldwing, BMW K1600 GT... something like that. The wing will surprise you!

Agree, I have a 99 Blackbird, which I love dearly, bought a 2020 Goldwing Tour DCT, VERY impressed with it. All the bells and then some. Makes me consider selling my beloved Bird.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Agree, I have a 99 Blackbird, which I love dearly, bought a 2020 Goldwing Tour DCT, VERY impressed with it. All the bells and then some. Makes me consider selling my beloved Bird.
I have a wing and the BB... they both fill a need.

Reactions: kavallero
1 - 4 of 4 Posts