Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As the title suggests, I'd like to replace my '00 EFI analogue dash with one that is in better condition.
I have purchased said replacement however as part-and-parcel of it being in near mint condition, the mileage is understandably far lower than what my BB has covered...
Does anyone know of a way I can increase the miles on the replacement dash to match up to mine before I swap them over? ( I need to add about 35,000 miles to it )
Thanks!
P

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thanks iXXion.
Have you any experience of performing the swap? Is there anything I should be aware of or is it actually pretty intuitive and simple…??
P

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE.

You can swap the speedometer cluster easily....that includes the speedometer needle and face. Swapping just the odometer out of the housing can be done, but it's fairly difficult, and easy to ruin it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
As iXXion says - far easier to swap the complete speedo between the clusters.

IIRC its 5 screws to take the front off the cluster.
Then just three screws to remove the speedo from the cluster.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks iXXion & CBRDean0, I will make an attempt at removing the complete speedo cluster rather than just the odometer in that case!
Much appreciated
P

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I swapped out the whole speedo for the same reason. Easy to do. Try not to use any highly magnetised screwdrivers on the screws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts