Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2006 BB about 2 months ago. Absolutely fantastic bike.

The neutral light on the dashboard lights up when ignition switch first turned on then goes out.
The bike is definitely in neutral and I have had my mechanic install a new neutral switch.
Neutral light still not coming on except when ignition switch first turned on.

So to start, I of course must have the side stand fully up and clutch pulled in. Better done when sitting on bike or when centre stand used.

Anyway, starting is not a problem per se but not being able to see the neutral light when the bike is clearly in neutral is a pain.

Any thoughts? Do I need to take to an Auto Electrician or might there be some simple things for me to look at first?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check clutch diode in the fuse box which looks like a black unmarked fuse next to spare fuses and has three pins. There should be continuity between the center pin and each outside pin but not outside pin to outside pin. It is not allowing current to flow to ground for the indicator to light up and create a closed circuit for the starter solenoid. Bird will only start when in neutral, or in gear with the stand up and clutch pulled in. FYI, the diode is keyed and only fits in fuse box one way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts