Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me out. I have a 2000 Honda CBR 600F4. My bike will start, run for a few minutes, then shut off. I will try to start it again and it wants to turn over but it wont. I took the stator off and the regulator/rectifier and took it to a parts place and they told me that the stator is good but the regulator is reading wrong. I just would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues or know if I am heading in the wrong/right direction. Could it be something else that is wrong with it? How complicated is it to clean the fuel jets and similar things that may be clogged? Please help.

P.S. My bike is carbed.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Matt check fuel flow. It sounds like your starving the carbs. Take a piece of clear line slide it onto the drain at the bottom of the fuel bowl. Be sure it is a tight fit also if it has a center stand put the bike up on it. if not borrow a pit stand hold or tape the end of the tube above the carb body. Open the fuel bowl drain screw and watch the fuel level it should come up level with the parting line between the bowl and the body. Fire the bike again and watch the level it should stay there if it drops or goes away then you have found your culprit. could be plugged feed line crimped or fuel shut off going away ripped diaphragm. Another question do you have a prime setting on the petcock. if so then try it in that position to too rule out the diaphragm being bad or good.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts