Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I finally got a way from the hard riding sportbikes. Well, kind of. Still love my RC51. Anyways, I have a 2003 CBR1100xx and had questions.

1. If I stay with current set up(stock), what is the best chain? I like D.I.D.

2. Should I do a sprocket change?

3. Power Commander worth it?

4. Best tires for street and hard corners? I liked my o2 Qaulifiers and my Metzeler .

5. Best Upgrades for performance and maintence?

6. Any tips, tricks, or trades anyone suggest?

Sorry, but just getting it all out there. I never ran an Inline engine. I'm a big Vtwin fan but love the blackbird an know I'll be on it alot.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Welcome from Canada. There is lots of info here if you use the search. Plenty of chatter about PCs, tires, and yes, even (gasp) oil.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Congrats on the "new to u " blackbird. I ride stock. tires? i try different tires. Michelins, Pirelli, Shinko, Continental,- just havent tried Metzler, Avon or Dunlop. So far i am most comfortable on Pilot 2CTs-when i am riding secondary roads. This is my opinion, if you wanted a faster bike, should've bought a Zx14 or a Busa. If you want lighter bike, hit the curves harder on the track and street- should have stayed with RC51 or get a CBR1000RR. i ride a blackbird, because i it has the legs- i can run fast and farther than most, its comfortable, not everyone has one, but most importantly its what i want to ride and i feel i can control at any speed and corner. I dont ride in a straight line, but i am not a track racer, but out here on the street, its all about the individual. I have ridden against all manor of rider on various sportbikes, and what i have concluded is this. Its the individual, how fast are you willing to go? how fast are you willing to take a curve? I think you have a good bike, that really doesnt need anything. If i had the xtra money, i would buy a 2003.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I agree on the rider and what I want to take it to. I'm simply asking bout the upgrades to see if I care for any. Right now I have eclverything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*Stupid smart phones* everything I wanted on it so far. And yes for the curves I have the rc51 for that. So why is the 03 Bird better?

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Probably because the '03 is the last of the breed in North America. The PC3 combined with a hi-flo air filter and a full 4-1 exhaust system will see some power increases, but if you want big numbers you should talk to GrahamCUK about one of his new turbo kits.

Reactions: CanadianBird

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey bro thank you and welcome to the brotherhood of the blackbird. i thank you for joining and riding a bird not many people here in the states understand the bird. if you want long rides it is a great platform. on this forum there is alot of great tuning tips to get the best out of your bike, but it all depends on what you want. this bird has the best of both worlds speed and yes she can run with the busa and ninja's, and touring. if you want some basic mods check out the mods for cheap forum here. that is a good start point.

·
Administrator
12,938 Posts
:welcome: from the UK
Still love my RC51.
and why wouldn't you, great bike.

If I stay with current set up(stock), what is the best chain? I like D.I.D.
:thumb:

Should I do a sprocket change?
really depends on the riding you do on the Bird, as std Euro models ran a 44 rear and on my 'std' Bird I haven't in 12 years (!) found the need to change it ...... the modded bike is different!

Power Commander worth it?
only if you start changing filters and exhausts, stock bike the ECM is fine.

Best tires for street and hard corners? I liked my o2 Qaulifiers and my Metzeler .
too many opinions, suggest searching for posts from people in your area as a starting point!

Best Upgrades for performance and maintence?
suspension every time it is the weakest point of the bird ...... maintenance, the Bird is one of the easiest bikes to do the work on if you enjoy spanner twiddling, I think there is info on every task on this forum.

Any tips, tricks, or trades anyone suggest?
.......... please don't get me started, my posts do tend to be too long!

Enjoy your Bird, it is a special type of bike.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Hi and welcome Zimdars84,hope tou enjoy your xx.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Probably because the '03 is the last of the breed in North America. The PC3 combined with a hi-flo air filter and a full 4-1 exhaust system will see some power increases, but if you want big numbers you should talk to GrahamCUK about one of his new turbo kits.
Plus one. Read my sig for my mods. A local member is doing the Busa front end conversion prior to back on the road. Hell, as stated, you can even buy your own custom made turb. Remember this site is the "Church of the CBR1100SuperBlackBird" It's almost impossible to convert us elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Welcome from the windy city. I was going to answer all of your questions but I see that Shewie beat me to it in post number 2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts