Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,854 Posts
... yes really sad, need to try harder to get into the 30's :smilebig:

(I couldn't imagine me keeping similar records :O)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Stock gearing?
When I figure my mileage I have to keep reminding myself that I have an 18T front and it throws my odometer off a bit.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Stock gearing?
When I figure my mileage I have to keep reminding myself that I have an 18T front and it throws my odometer off a bit.
So you're saying the 17t front shows the correct mileage and the 18t shows less?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... yes really sad, need to try harder to get into the 30's :smilebig:
(I couldn't imagine me keeping similar records :O)
hehe, my excuse was that it was motorway riding! And admit you've done the same lol!

Stock gearing?
Good point, I'm fairly sure I have the standard sprocket config...hmm, might check actually!

·
Registered
723 Posts
So you're saying the 17t front shows the correct mileage and the 18t shows less?
I read somewhere on this site that the stock 17T will give an accurate odo read while giving a lower speedo read, and an 18T will give an "almost" accurate speedo read but throw the odo off to read a bit less than actual.
My odometer will read 2 miles shy of what my gps claims on my 38 mile ride to work since I installed an 18T front.

5% difference is what I see. My odo will read around 190 miles, but my gps will claim I've gone 200.

·
Super Moderator
12,854 Posts
bikerchris said:
And admit you've done the same lol!
Guilty as charged ..... then my commuting started getting faster ..... so I would work an extra 1/4 of an hour each day to cover the heavy right wrist :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I read somewhere on this site that the stock 17T will give an accurate odo read while giving a lower speedo read, and an 18T will give an "almost" accurate speedo read but throw the odo off to read a bit less than actual.
My odometer will read 2 miles shy of what my gps claims on my 38 mile ride to work since I installed an 18T front.

5% difference is what I see. My odo will read around 190 miles, but my gps will claim I've gone 200.
Thats spot on reef diver,running the 17t front gear will put your odo out by 4.8 to 5 pc,on my recent trip odo showed 1356,gps 1424

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Thats spot on reef diver,running the 17t front gear will put your odo out by 4.8 to 5 pc,on my recent trip odo showed 1356,gps 1424
i should have added these are the figures after putting in a speedo healer. My speedo tracks the same as my gps but I'm 4.8 to 5 pc lower on the odometer running the 17t front sprocket

·
Registered
133 Posts
Znork and smeg! Why isn't there an app that converts miles/gallon into liters/kilometer so I can get this stuff.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I was getting 47MPG I'd be checking the dials again in case the red line had been moved!
If I was on a track, then yes! But I had luggage so I was only riding at steady speeds, apart from the last reading of 172 miles, which were done in one go without stopping and at a cruising speed of 100-115... allegedly ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts