Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally worked up the courage to cut the stock mudguard to install the undertail. It's been sitting here for weeks, while I dithered about with other, less drastic mods to the bike.

Followed the instructions from the website (such as they are). Not overly detailed, but I managed to get it more or less fitted.

Come to the part about relocating the seat lock & we have a problem... there's no way it will work because there is nothing to secure the cable sheath to.

The picture from the instructions is attached. The problem is, I don't have the metal bracket outlined in red.

I know a few guys here have installed this item, just wondering if the kit is supposed to come with the bracket? Because my bike (a '99) didn't have one, it has a simple metal plate with a notch that is screwed to the OEM fender.

Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
So I finally worked up the courage to cut the stock mudguard to install the undertail. It's been sitting here for weeks, while I dithered about with other, less drastic mods to the bike.

Followed the instructions from the website (such as they are). Not overly detailed, but I managed to get it more or less fitted.

Come to the part about relocating the seat lock & we have a problem... there's no way it will work because there is nothing to secure the cable sheath to.

The picture from the instructions is attached. The problem is, I don't have the metal bracket outlined in red.

I know a few guys here have installed this item, just wondering if the kit is supposed to come with the bracket? Because my bike (a '99) didn't have one, it has a simple metal plate with a notch that is screwed to the OEM fender.

Thanks.
I just checked my kit that came in the mail. Yes. The bracket came with my kit. Call the guy up in Quebec and have him mail you the piece. I was able to reach him on the phone for a question I had.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave,

I've already hit them up once for a replacement LED module - 3 dead LEDs on one of the tail lights. They seemed happy enough to send one out & it turned up a week later.

Will drop them a line.

Cheers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got a reply.

"We do not have this bracket for sale, this is a RC51 stock seat lock bracket.

Thanks!"

Well thanks yourself! That's great, except I don't have an RC51 (AKA: VTR1000), I have a CBR1100XX.

WTF! I'm sure there was no mention of this in any of the stuff I read on-line about these undertails. *SIGH*.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nah. I'm not that handy. I can plug & play but fabrication is not my forte.

Found one on FleaBay. $12 & change (AU) shipped from the UK.

No biggie, but maybe others will learn from my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts