Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
The electrical system is one of the concerns that I have had in purchasing heated gear myself. Also not real sure how much I would use it. I already ride down into the 20-30F range without it. I don't do that often. More concerned about black ice situations. Still I've considered it since it would make riding in cold weather much more enjoyable. I could also use it on my other bike where charging systems issues seem to be of less concern.

·
Super Moderator
12,518 Posts
Strek said:
The electrical system is one of the concerns that I have had in purchasing heated gear myself.
Me also. Would it also not relate to the type of ride you are on? We all (?) know the charging system doesn't replenish the battery at low revs but there is plenty of 'spare' once you get going .......... so could a slightly larger capacity battery (or top condition std battery) not be fitted and as long you are not spending time sitting in traffic / crawling at 2K revs you should be fine?
Me, my heated grips will be turned on (god knows how much juice they take) as soon as I leave for the office this morning, its 1 degree outside!

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Yes I believe a 14 series battery will fit in the same spot. I believe someone brought this up before and the one they were mentioning from Jon's thread was a Yuasa YTZ14-S. I am also running a Electro-sport high output stator the puts out 73 VAC on all 3 legs. I also have the MOSFET regulator from this gent. Roadstercycle-Index
The whole package is working very well for me I'll take some more readings again this week. But I have noticed that after plugging in my tender it now the unit is signaling fully charged almost instantly now every time.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So far I am very happy with my new gear. I've used it for the past 2 days commuting to work and it is keeping me toasty warm with the ambient temperature being 30 degreef F. :D I have only needed to keep the temperature control on the "low" setting. The true test will be when the temperature dips into the teens.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts