Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, the big chill is coming, relatively speaking of course. If it is over 70 I don't wear my jacket, between 60 and 70 I wear a jacket and gloves, and from 50 to 60 I add longjohns...if it is below 50 I take the car!
Wow, Bob. You must have really been thrown for a loop last winter when the temperature often dipped into the 30's down there!

I have the Tourmaster set and it works well and will keep the chill out. Im still not fond of the gloves on how they hook up to your jacket liner. The connector is on the outside of the gauntlet. You will see what Im talking about when you get them. Other than that, they work pretty good.

Stay warm!!
Yeah Ted, I noticed that too. My old Widder gear had all the connections internal. They are external on the TM gear.

been there, done that...
the pics were taken AFTER i arrived where i work :crap:
:eek: Heisti, please don't tell us that you started out your ride in those conditions. Rather, I hope that it was clear when you left for work but as you travelled the weather changed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in Michigan we're getting our first snowfall of the season. It should be back up in the 60s again next week, though, so all hope is not lost.

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
:eek: Heisti, please don't tell us that you started out your ride in those conditions. Rather, I hope that it was clear when you left for work but as you travelled the weather changed.
sorry to disappoint you paul - but the weather didn't change that much at 5:30am on the 12km from the hotel to the bone mill :D

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Here in Michigan we're getting our first snowfall of the season. It should be back up in the 60s again next week, though, so all hope is not lost.

Ahh born and raised there (west sider) Delta Township left in 79 when I graduated. Still have family there, Living in AZ now where it's getting down to the 60's at night and 80's and 90's during the day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahh born and raised there (west sider) Delta Township left in 79 when I graduated. Still have family there, Living in AZ now where it's getting down to the 60's at night and 80's and 90's during the day.
I'm not a fan of the cold myself. I have some family in Arizona, but I've never been. I think I might prefer those temps, though.

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
You must have ridden with your feet down the whole way if there was as much ice on the roads as there was on your tank and seat.
nope. just on cars and my bike. it got warmer during the last days. +18°C in the afternoon from time to time but this evening i was having again a +5°C/rain/storm experience for 130km :rant:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
The Australian temperature measurement system doesn’t have the ability to go as low as temps mentioned in this thread.

Which possibly explaines the lack of input to this issue by us aussies..

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
hm... i was running two 100w bulbs for 4 years now - no problems. how much is the wattage of typical heated gear?
To make riding comfortable in winter here? About 1500w. It may tax the charging system a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Any concern stressing the electrics (R/R) on this bike with heated clothing, grips, etc?
I never had any problems running my Widder vest (35w) and gloves (20w).

hm... i was running two 100w bulbs for 4 years now - no problems. how much is the wattage of typical heated gear?
My Widder vest was 35w and the gloves were 20w. My new Tourmaster Synergy jacket liner is 76w and the gloves are 24w.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts