Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter seems like it's coming early. The temperature for this morning's commute was 29 degrees F.

I layered up appropriately but.........I think it's time to hook up my new electric jacket liner and gloves. :smilebig:

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's about time you guys had your turn, we are just coming out of one of the coldest and wettest winters for ages over here...now excuse me while I go for nice sunny ride...:)

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Still about 70 in the morning down here. But there is a cold front coming through this weekend.
Talk to me when it hits the teens like it is up here. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
Paul if you have a battery tender with the quick release cable to the battery don't use it with your heated gear. I've read that they cause problems.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
What causes problems, Strek?

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
There was talk about it being wired differently causing the heated gear to fail. I'll see if I can find the linky

·
Registered
571 Posts
There was talk about it being wired differently causing the heated gear to fail. I'll see if I can find the linky
:plus1: I found this on the Gerbing's site.

"Q: My bike already has a pigtail for my battery charger/maintainer. Can I use that to power Gerbing's Heated Clothing?

A: Unfortunately, no. We understand the desire not to have any more pigtail leads poking out from under the seat than is absolutely necessary. But depending on the device, some of these battery charger leads are only capable of handling the 1-to-2 amps that such chargers deliver. Using them to power from 4 to 15 amps of heated gear can blow the fuse and, even with the proper fuse in place, can overload the capacity of these same wire leads".

I would go with www.powerlet.com for a safe connection. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
Commuting here is turning to the 'fun time' of the year.
In the last 10 days I have had
1. Below freezing.
2. Warm (+8) and dry even at 4.30 am when I head off.
3. High winds.
4. Heavy rain.
.................... and in the last couple of days loads of leaves have left the trees, yesterday was drizzle and the roads were covered in a matting of slippery leaves!

Ah the joys of Brit weather!

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul if you have a battery tender with the quick release cable to the battery don't use it with your heated gear. I've read that they cause problems.
Thanks for the tip. However, as with the last couple of sets of heated gear I've had, I will be using only the leads provided with the heated gear.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Still about 70 in the morning down here. But there is a cold front coming through this weekend.
Yeah, the big chill is coming, relatively speaking of course. If it is over 70 I don't wear my jacket, between 60 and 70 I wear a jacket and gloves, and from 50 to 60 I add longjohns...if it is below 50 I take the car!

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
No good - heisti's area of expertise is LEAF, not LEAVES.

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
Getting a bit chilly here in Tejas too.... Looking at mid 30's to low 40's over the next several days.

I have the Tourmaster set and it works well and will keep the chill out. Im still not fond of the gloves on how they hook up to your jacket liner. The connector is on the outside of the gauntlet. You will see what Im talking about when you get them. Other than that, they work pretty good.

Stay warm!!

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
I only see that stuff in my freezer!! :hmm:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts