Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if the 2 feet we got here on the Isle of Long at Christmas wasn't enough, we are expecting another 18 inches tonight.

I hope all your Birds are tucked in comfortably in their storage places.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Hmph. We currently have so little I could walk my fields in running shoes.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I can't speak for those in the snowbelt, but this part of Ontario has diddly.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Well at least its snow.. areas around where my parents live have around 15 feet of water...

After 10-15 dry years, a couple of the qld water storage dams are at 140% capacity and are recieving and additional (from memory of the report) 1500 megalitres increase per day.. cant be sure in that figure but i do remember that its equivilent of 2 sydney harbours of water increase each day..

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
And Bisburn is suffering, I saw images of the flood today, omg, what a storm. Good luck to all of them.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
We're diggin out of about 4+ inches and a layer of ice here in Atlanta! Haven't been to work in 2 days.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
We had a few cms last night, now changed to rain. Too lmany idiots without snow tires and think their all wheel drive, traction C, abs, etc is a substitute for knowing how to drive in snow, common sense, and snow tires. IMO

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
We're diggin out of about 4+ inches and a layer of ice here in Atlanta! Haven't been to work in 2 days.
Ah, we also received a light dusting of 4" or so last night. :rolleyes:

·
xxx99
837 Posts
LOL CB..... Ya here in the city of salt its COLD!!!! We need a driver training course for winter drivers as well......

·
www.nomartirechanger.com
882 Posts
As if the 2 feet we got here on the Isle of Long at Christmas wasn't enough, we are expecting another 18 inches tonight.

I hope all your Birds are tucked in comfortably in their storage places.
Mine are nice and warm tucked away in the basement with the heater running to keep them nice and toasty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This weather is killing me!! I haven't ridden in 3 weeks!!
#@%& snow and ice!
And Santa even brought me a Gerbing jacket for those frosty mornings!!!!
I'm starting to forget what my street looks like w/o ice and snow on it!:mad::rant:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can't feel sorry for you if it's only been three weeks. Mine has been parked in the garage since the second week of November and I can't see taking it out on the roads here for at least two more months If I'm lucky. Hang in there, I am.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I usually have to stay off the Bird for 4 months. This year it may be till end of March b/c we're going to Palm Springs, Cal. I'm always a bit "shakey" on the first ride, almost 66 years old. You wouldn't believe the first ride ritual. lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Didn't ride today as it was a bit too chilly. Java on the way to work sounded good. But I'll probably ride tomorrow. Says it is supposed to be around 38 tonight with a high of 65. I can live with that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would love some Orlando weather!!!!!
11 deg this morning after 10" tuesday night:mad:
Here in NJ they are in love with the road salt!! Whatever isn't covered in ice and snow is all white with dried salt!!:rant:
Feels good to rant....

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
I would love some Orlando weather!!!!!
11 deg this morning after 10" tuesday night:mad:
Here in NJ they are in love with the road salt!! Whatever isn't covered in ice and snow is all white with dried salt!!:rant:
Feels good to rant....
come to austria the mother of winter sports :D
+12°C and now snow in the middle of winter.

and no. there is no climatic change. that´s an urban myth :O

1 - 20 of 25 Posts