Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are now 5 videos uploaded of my build project. The #4 is about suspension, installing the DMr (Jamie Daugherty) fork cartridge kit, of which there is a lot of discussion/description on this forum (I read it all a few times). And the Nitron R2 rear shock.
The video #5 is about Rotobox carbon wheels, Arashi wavy brake discs and HEL Performance braided brake lines.
More videos are on the works.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just thought I would share about what I used to put over the rear hel brake lines to keep them in the metal holders on the brackets on the swingarm to stop them from rubbing, it's just 4, 1 inch pieces of fuel line, slit down the middle to get them in the brake lines, to go in the holders. Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought I would share about what I used to put over the rear hel brake lines to keep them in the metal holders on the brackets on the swingarm to stop them from rubbing, it's just 4, 1 inch pieces of fuel line, slit down the middle to get them in the brake lines, to go in the holders. View attachment 134589
Thanks. Yeah, I need to fix that. I have left-over fuel line which can do the trick. You have several similiar mods as I did, the hugger, the rear shock and the brake lines.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah I do, I also have vario foot peg lowers, and jaws flat bar conversion, vfr800 10nm fork springs and jaws front fork preload adjusters, and aftermarket clutch and brake levers. I've done all bearing apart from swingarm, but I did change the dog bone bearings. The only engine work I have done is change clutch springs OEM, changed ecu temp and thermostat sensors and a new wax unit, I've spent quite a few hours on her, getting her up to what I wanted.
1 thing I noticed though when doing the hel brake lines was the left caliper hoses, the lower one, if you have the bango bolt fitting against the stop were the OEM one rested against, it makes the hose fitting a bit tight in length for my likeing, so I moved it slightly off it to the left. Oh I also did EBC V rotors and ebc hh pads, tourmax rear disc, 28mm seat gel pad, hel oil cooler lines, full rebuild calipers and pcv valve, secondary mastercylinder rebuild, the list goes on lol.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts