Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've noticed there is s bolt hole in between pipes 3 and 4 which is missing...there's one between 1 and 2 which is there. Now it runs fine but should I pop a bolt in and what does it do ? I'll try and attach a pic. Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there's a stay to the rad connected there ? That would explain why it wobbles a bit. Thanks guys

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just had a look at the Fitch on Fowlers.... doesn't make much sense...does anyone have a pic of theirs so I can see how it fits. Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
Isn't that the one that the stay from the bottom of the rad goes or have I got my bad eye in today?

Yep, just had a quick look through the side vent in the LH lower cowl and it does appear to be part # 33 in this below pic ;)

I've just had a look at the Fitch on Fowlers.... doesn't make much sense...does anyone have a pic of theirs so I can see how it fits. Thanks
Unfortunately on the parts fiche even though it shows it on the picture (appears to be in front of the radiator) it's not listed as a part in the parts list :( You might have to fabricate something ;)

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
It's easy to build one out of flat stock. it's a thin sheet metal piece that has a large bushing and backstop that slips into the grommet on the lower half of your radiator. The radio mount is arubber grommet inside of a metal hoop that's attached to the rad.
Do a cooling fan modification search and you'll get a bunch if pics of it

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
Agree with Para45, part 33 on the Fowlers Fiche (I was in Fowlers yesterday!) The bolt is an M6 x 12 flange head.
STAY, RADIATOR

19102MATE00
£12.05

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
Just a quick thought, if the stay is missing is the grommet still in the bottom of the rad? If not you will need one of those otherwise the stay will rattle about and do nothing.

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's easy to build one out of flat stock. it's a thin sheet metal piece that has a large bushing and backstop that slips into the grommet on the lower half of your radiator. The radio mount is arubber grommet inside of a metal hoop that's attached to the rad.
Do a cooling fan modification search and you'll get a bunch if pics of it
I guess the only issue is that without the original getting the correct measurements to do so would be a bit tricky ;) As you say it's just some thin metal plate but it's not a straight right angle or anything :hmm:

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Agreed but its length is based off of the space to the lower cowl. The upper is a compound angle that exposes the bolt which has an 8mm head by the way. Then comes down through the gap between the primaries of the header. It make a turn up towards the radiator bottom. The end of it is a hollow sleeve that registers inside the radiator grommet with a snug fit to keep it in place along with the fact that its natural lay when coming up to the radiator bung keeps it seated. I extended my original one when 8 went dual fans and even farther when I put the CBR1000RR radiator in my bird.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yep, just had a quick look through the side vent in the LH lower cowl and it does appear to be part # 33 in this below pic ;)

Unfortunately on the parts fiche even though it shows it on the picture (appears to be in front of the radiator) it's not listed as a part in the parts list :( You might have to fabricate something ;)
Just had another look in the daylight and from the right hand side vent and I was wrong, mine is actually a 90 degree bracket which would be part #9 on that picture above, so unsure what #33 is unless it's for a FI BB :confused:

Just re looked on my parts fiche and yep mine is the "L" bracket #9 for 97-98 although my fiche says
Description: STAY, RADIATOR
Reference: 9
Part #: 19102-MAT-000

Agree with Para45, part 33 on the Fowlers Fiche (I was in Fowlers yesterday!) The bolt is an M6 x 12 flange head.
STAY, RADIATOR

19102MATE00
£12.05
Yep just looked at my fiche and on the pic for an 05 BB it lists that angled bracket as
Reference: 1
Part #: 19102-MAT-E00
No mention of part #9 as in the 98 parts list or even on the pic :huh:

To make it even more confusing on the 99-04 fiches it has a pic of both stays but only lists #33 in the parts list
Reference: 3
Part #: 19102-MAT-E00

Agreed but its length is based off of the space to the lower cowl. The upper is a compound angle that exposes the bolt which has an 8mm head by the way. Then comes down through the gap between the primaries of the header. It make a turn up towards the radiator bottom. The end of it is a hollow sleeve that registers inside the radiator grommet with a snug fit to keep it in place along with the fact that its natural lay when coming up to the radiator bung keeps it seated. I extended my original one when 8 went dual fans and even farther when I put the CBR1000RR radiator in my bird.
With the "L" shaped bracket on mine I can't see how you could move the radiator forward as that would entail the lower cowl also getting pushed forward as the lower part of the "L" attaches to the lower cowl with grommet #6 ;)
The only way I could see is to alter the mount on the bottom of the radiator but even then the bottom right corner of the radiator is pushing against the back of the lower cowl so I'd have to cut out the lower cowl to clear it :crap:
Not sure if it's meant to be that way as the left side of the radiator looks almost level with the lower cowl cut-out but the right is ~10mm lower :confused:
Maybe something is tweaked from having a couple of accidents and being repaired :idunno:

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Para
It's very possible you have a misalignment if it's been banged. As for lower insert. Yes moving the lower rad position requires trimming to get the fit. When I did my dual fan I took a lot of time getting the clearance correct for both sides.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts