Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Massi it's just a matter of using a dual element LED one will be white for the running and the other will be yellow for the turn. Do a thread search and you should come up with bulb numbers the folks used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The eBay kit is expensive, dual element led needs a relay and it seems, in the second video, that when the indicator is on, the opposite light is flickering.
Probably the solution used in the first video is the best.. The guy left everything untouched and just added led stripes and two wires each side.
I like the result and it adds safety too 🙂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very helpful Greg thanks !
The plastic clear lens you bought from ebay is a good quality one ?
Jaws asks 40 pounds more for a pair ! Is there any difference ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They seem absolutely fine to me
I just bought a pair of clear lenses and 1157 sockets, although it will take a while to get here.
About the led bulbs, are yours still working ? I was trying to find same type from Philips, but probably they don't make it.
To match the full beam colour temperature I think we should also use led in place of halogen H7, what do you think ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a single bulb failure after a few months, but I replaced them with another pair off of eBay which have been absolutely fine since.

I agree, putting LED in the main lamp would look much better, just something I haven't got around to doing yet. Plenty of discussions on here about LED conversions.

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did not do this, but could have just as easily added a white for this affect. I installed the clear lenses off eBay, which where very cheaply assembled (with hot glue I think) and I took them apart and reassemble them with black automotive RTV, in the mean time I installed into the clear set-up those Proton 500's. Super bright.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts