Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK who's in for a ride this weekend?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Milaukee area rides...

Arent you going to the slimey crud run this weekend?

If I get the pool fence up by sat evening, I may go up to the crud run.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Arent you going to the slimey crud run this weekend?

If I get the pool fence up by sat evening, I may go up to the crud run.
I hadn't seen the slimy crud thing when I posted this so, yes I think I am doing the crud run.

·
NeoPhyte
112 Posts

...I thought the crud run was in the fall?

Anyone have any news of the ride?

·
NeoPhyte
112 Posts

Wisconsin, Triumph, ATV, Motorcycle, Dealer, Sharer Cycle Center

Team Triumph - Event Calendar - Call Us Toll Free 877-896-6910

Look in October....

To my knowledge it is a REALLY loosely organized event that happens in the fall. Peter Egan has mentioned it it in a few of his articles. It goes kind of like this.

Start where you want - end up at Leland Wisconsin around lunch time. Pretty simple.

I wanted to go last year, but family commitments got in the way.

Cheers,
Bill

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Peter Egan, well known motor journalist, who writes for Cycle world and Road & Track lives in the Madison WI area. His group of friends jokingly call themselves the slimy crud gang. I have heard of this ride for a few years but finally was able to make it, it was yesterday. It's not much of a ride as much as just a get together at one place and maybe meet up at the other place. We chose to keep riding, but the bike turnout was neat (4 CBX's showed).
I was lucky and able to join up with Hobicus who has a great knowledge of the area and able to lead out a great ride.

·
NeoPhyte
112 Posts

I may know some of the guys on X's from a couple other boards. No pics? About how many bikes got there?

Thanks for the write up. :)
Bill

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sorry, forgot my camera.
There were prolly a couple hundred bikes, I rode out with Hobi and Byrdman and a few others from the other board. The funny/sad-est thing I saw was a guy on a URAL sidecar bike decide to come in the hard way over the curb and not be able to stop in time to keep from hitting the big BMW adventure tour bike and knocking it over. I guess he thought there was not enough room to come though the isle with the side car.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts